Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 5 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

I seriously can't believe Steve was accused of bullying Sam. If anything, it was the other way around! Sam used a variety of passive-aggressive bullying tactics to undermine Steve at every step of the way, all through the shoot and during the presentation, even going as far as to roll her eyes after correcting Steve when he got the tagline wrong.

I've encountered people like Sam in the workplace before and the saddest thing is that, just like Bill, the top brass are always taken in by their manipulative bullsh1t tactics.

Steve WAS authoritarian in his people management, but not a bully. And I don't think I would have been particularly receptive to that annoying passive-aggressive bully buzzing around and butting in every few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Duckjob wrote: »
    Even if Maria had brought him in Breffni, Bill would've passed over him and fired one of the other two.

Breff provides "the" entertainment of the show. The producers know if he goes, they instantly lose a big chunk of viewers.

As far as i know the recording of this show has been done during the summer time so Breff might already be gone regardless of how popular he is or how high the ratings are!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

This years Apprentice is an absolute joke. After last nights episode I am thinking I won't bother watching it anymore. Maria definatly shouldn't have been fired, Steve or Sam shoulda gone. Maria might have been a bit serious doin the presentation for Meteor but she was very professional and acted with dignity. More than can be said for the rest of the saps on her team.

Where did TV3 find such a bunch of idiotic muppets? Nah, I'm just so tired of it, its completely farsical now. The show is beyond saving.

It is just pure comedy from the start.

I really pity Bill Cullen having to pick one of these dopes for to come and work for him....

rsta wrote: »
    This years Apprentice is an absolute joke. After last nights episode I am thinking I won't bother watching it anymore. Maria definatly shouldn't have been fired, Steve or Sam shoulda gone. Maria might have been a bit serious doin the presentation for Meteor but she was very professional and acted with dignity. More than can be said for the rest of the saps on her team.

Where did TV3 find such a bunch of idiotic muppets? Nah, I'm just so tired of it, its completely farsical now. The show is beyond saving.

It is just pure comedy from the start.

I really pity Bill Cullen having to pick one of these dopes for to come and work for him....

the whole thing is a joke but watchable for the conflict and other going's on. it's nothing to do with an actual job anyways - last year's contestant ended up selling wedding gear in Bill + Jackie's hotel. This year there has been no constant mention of a job with Bill so there may not actually be one! It's just tv for tv's sake - don't take it too seriously! the same goes for something like the x-factor - it's all about the show - the chance of a winning contestant actually having a career is slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭unichick

Maria shouldn't have gone and of the three it should have been Sam. No way is Steve a bully. I've worked with people who have got away with far worse than he has and the finger was never pointed at them. He knew she was a pain in the hole and couldn't bear to listen to her.

Breff is the man! Actually I'm finding him more attractive every week. He's a fine bit of stuff but definitely not one for conversation!

I'm loving the show as it's very entertaining. You're fired is very good too. At least Brendan tells it how it is. I see Breff has over a thousand friends on facebook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Breffeny is a pure eejit! I may just continue to watch cos of him.

And wild eyes too gives me a laugh when I see her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

glasso wrote: »
    the whole thing is a joke but watchable for the conflict and other going's on. it's nothing to do with an actual job anyways - last year's contestant ended up selling wedding gear in Bill + Jackie's hotel. This year there has been no constant mention of a job with Bill so there may not actually be one! It's just tv for tv's sake - don't take it too seriously! the same goes for something like the x-factor - it's all about the show - the chance of a winning contestant actually having a career is slim.

Did she really?? I wondered what had become of her!!

Do they provide their business wardrobe for them on the show? All of them are pretty well dressed which makes me wonder!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

glasso wrote: »

If Cullen took himself seriously as a businessman he wouldnt be seen within a country mile of this panel of contestants. There was nothing from stopping Bill from hauling Breffny and his street trader bit of fluff back into the boardroom last night and firing them both. They didnt do a tap.

He was happy to go with the flow and fire the PM. A joke. The show is not a serious business show as you have said, anybody who goes on this show is there for their 15 mins of fame, nothing less. If they think they are going to get a career out of it or even a decent job for a year then they are deluded.

Jackie & The Mute made a big joke about how amazed they were Breffny wasnt brought into the boardroom and how bad he was and Cullen just nods. FFS. Talk about having no clue.

As for the people claiming Breffny is being kept in for the ratings, given the show was filmed weeks ago they couldnt have possibly foresaw howmuch of a cult (I said CULT LOL) following he was going to have. All they knew was they had a melon on their hands, could have went the other way just as easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I had no idea Breffney was ridin the other one by the way... Only discovered it last night ! Bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

God yeah when you look at it 4 out 5 losing PM's fired will be interesting to see if anyone wants the job next week! Maria's big mistake was not bringing Breff back what was she thinking! I think she thought was being diplomatic by bringing back the 2 who's squabbling had created a bad atmosphere in the team rather than the 2 that did SFA on the task!

She knew the second she had been fired where she had made her mistake.

Must say did see a different side to Steve this week,at first i felt sorry for him as Sam kept butting in with ideas but then i noticed he was virtually stopping her in mid-sentence n i said to myself oh no Steve is gone! It certainly looked to be edited that way.Does anyone else think Bill doesn't really like Steve?Although that said he had the perfect chance to fire him last night if he does.

Surely Sam and Brendan will have to be PM's next week?Im hoping Bill picks them like Sir Alan does when people are hiding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I had no idea Breffney was ridin the other one by the way... Only discovered it last night ! Bizarre

I didn't know they were riding either. Opposites attract.

She made a really bad move by not brining Bref back in.

I think if Maria hadn't brought in Steve and Sam Bill and Co. would have said why didn't you bring those two in so she couldn't win really and they were the reason the task was lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Did anyone else think the Meteor guy looked like Jackie's nephew, Brian the mute, with hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sam is nothing short of an irritant, how she was left in at the expense of Maria is beyond me.
    Breffni coming out with the 'looking like a model' line was the lol of the night.

Did anyone else think the Meteor guy looked like Jackie's nephew, Brian the mute, with hair?

Yes definitely. I was surprised Brendan O'Connor didn't point it out on You're fired. They both had the same jaw and lack of sense of humour!

theapprentice.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Things must quiet in the auld house selling game.

She can't afford the orange paint anymore either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

theapprentice.jpg

God I love Nicki!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Anybody know when last night's episode is repeated? I am desperately trying to avoid discovering who got fired!

• Advertisement

Anybody know when last night's episode is repeated? I am desperately trying to avoid discovering who got fired!

You can watch it online here dude
    http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=theapprentice&tv3_preview=&video=15032

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's on tonight at 10 on 3e.

I might just watch it again for The Brefster what an idiot :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

What a joke of a show. Steve's team won the competition but got hauled in anyway because of some minor gripe about their otherwise professional presentation?

Hmmmm....something not quite right there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

What a joke of a show. Steve's team won the competition but got hauled in anyway because of some minor gripe about their otherwise professional presentation?

Hmmmm....something not quite right there imo.

It would have been a professional presentation if Sam had kept her trap shut, and didn't roll her eyes when Steve spoke...

Sam for the chop & the sooner the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

It would have been a professional presentation if Sam had kept her trap shut, and didn't roll her eyes when Steve spoke...

Ya it looked really bad. Also Maria's presentation was off. It was way too formal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

CKWPORT wrote: »

Sam for the chop & the sooner the better.

I just think that if you win the task as specified in the briefing, it's wrong to change the rules at the last second. Not only that but Maria got the job done as PM and what little few of Sam's ideas got through clinched it for the team. Steve bullied and blustered his way through the whole thing from the very beginning, Sam might be a pain but that's not the point, he had absolutely no interpersonal skills, he should have gone 200%. That's two bizarre choices for firings two weeks in a row. As I said, it's a joke of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Steve bullied and blustered his way through the whole thing from the very beginning

I don't agree there. I didn't see anything he did that could be called bullying.

And anyone would react the same way to Sam, if he had to work with her, and live with her for 5 weeks, they must all be sick of her.

I agree that the wrong people have been fired in the last few weeks...Brendan should have gone last week, and Sam should have gone this week.

Anyone check out Brendan and Aoiffe at each other they must have had a lovers tiff:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

1039_aoiffe.jpg

Does it annoy the fcuk out of anyone else when you see her thinking/disagreeing with someone and her eyes almost sticking out of her head?

She's alright though, for a mouse!

Advertisement