Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Economics/Business magazine?

• 19-10-2009 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I'm looking to subscribe to a magazine, good interest in Economics and Business, Ireland and abroad. I like the Business section on Friday in the Irish Times so something like that would be great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

The Economist is probably the standard 'coffee table economics' magazine. Although it seems to be more politics than anything, these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

Yeah I get that impression too.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

The Economist is the big seller with an upper middle class British outlook on things. Some mainstream magazines have good business articles occasionally Harper's, Variety, Vogue, Atlantic Monthly and others. The Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal are dailies and on the net. A good blog with links to other blogs is nakedcapitalism.com. The net is full of dailies that have business sections, also the foreign language press is useful and if you don't understand the language there are translation capabilities on Google and also babelfish. Print is in decline so you might as well join the flow to the web. All publications have axes to grind some big and some small so you have to use judgement. The Independent quite often prints articles that are not aimed at the upper middle class that goes for its British version as well. The Irish Times goes for balance in its pronouncements. I should mention the Guardian who has a real economist on staff, also the Financial Times has Buiter and Munchau.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

zenmonk wrote: »
    I'm looking to subscribe to a magazine, good interest in Economics and Business, Ireland and abroad. I like the Business section on Friday in the Irish Times so something like that would be great.
    Thanks

Business & Finance magazine would probably be your best bet. The economics section is written by Dr. Constantin Gurdgiev this is his blog.

http://trueeconomics.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

The Sunday Business Post and the Business section of the Sunday Times are excellent. They cover Irish business quite well. I'd also recommend Business & Finance Magazine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Financial Times ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

You could try the harvard business review. its pricey and sometimes a bit pop psycology ( sp) but normally interesting all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭batperson

FT, followed by Economist - between the two you get a broad mix.

HBR is very academic and for the price not worth it imo...unless your an academic;)

I would say check them all out and see which one you prefer the style of before signing up.

Advertisement