Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Contractor Recommendation in Waterford

• 19-10-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Firstly, apologies if a thread similar already exists. Unfortunately I'm unable to search at the min.

I am looking for a recommended building contractor that has done work for you and you were very happy with the service and outcome. I can easily look up Golden Pages etc. but I would like someone recommended from 1st hand experience.

I wish to carry out some renovations inside the house. For example, revamping utility room back to down stairs toilet. Moving side door of house, restructuring/revamping en-suite.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

shapez wrote: »
    Firstly, apologies if a thread similar already exists. Unfortunately I'm unable to search at the min.

I am looking for a recommended building contractor that has done work for you and you were very happy with the service and outcome. I can easily look up Golden Pages etc. but I would like someone recommended from 1st hand experience.

I wish to carry out some renovations inside the house. For example, revamping utility room back to down stairs toilet. Moving side door of house, restructuring/revamping en-suite.

Many thanks.

We used John Murray & Sons a few years ago for similiar work. They were very tidy. (051)391240

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

What are your principle criteria - Time, Cost or Quality?
    There are mixtures of builders that can deliver different variations of the above. No one can deliver all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭foxylad

used John Cullen recently --- class job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

foxylad wrote: »

+ 1 but a little expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

well butty wrote: »
    What are your principle criteria - Time, Cost or Quality?
    There are mixtures of builders that can deliver different variations of the above. No one can deliver all!

A combination of all three would be nice. :) I know quotes for things range all over the place at the moment and cheapest is not always the best. But, I'm looking for a good quality and tidy job at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fowlerDgrowler

Had an extension done recently and got Dmcl Builders to do it. Found them cheap, fast and a good finish, also they were very tidy and never left the house in a mess. There no is 087-4125967

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

had chap from ferdale john downey do a very simlar job for me was excelent tidy and quick ill defo get him again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

foxylad wrote: »

You must be related.:eek:

• +1 for John cullen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Sincere thanks folks. If anyone can recommend anymore, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

pm sent..

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

Sean Condon from Passage East does a top job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

+1 for Johnny Murray

Advertisement