Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this value for money or can you help me?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭

This should take you to todays daily deal. First of all is it value for money? Secondly would it be capable of running some of the more recent games such as COD World at War?

I suppose the next thing is would it be suitable for my PC. (Spec below)

Final thing is would any of you nice people be able to recommend a graphics card that is (a) compatible with my PC, is capable of running most if not all the major games out there and (c) is cheap/value for money.

I am throwing myself at our mercy as i know sweet FA about PCs and their workings :)

Dell Dimension 5000
    Intel Pent 4 – 3200 mhz
    1024 mb RAM
    Graphics card – Radeon X300/X500 series 128mb
    Separate DVD drives
    80 gig hard drive
    Windows XP home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty slow PC, the processor is extremely outdated and not great for the latest games. This is a decent card, capable of playing World at War at high settings at low resolutions like 1280x1024, and it'll work in your machine. No point getting anything better as the processor is too slow to make use of even the full potential of the 4550.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Many thanks for that TerrorFirmer.

Advertisement