Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to install wiring?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

Im just wondering how much it would cost to install 6 fluorescent light fittings and 3 - 4 sockets in my garage? As my house fuseboard is pretty close to the garage there would not be need for excessive wire runs.
    Just looking for rough estimates, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shocko2009

your prob talkin about 300euro including all the material but that depends on the type of sockets you want ie.metal clad.....wouldnt be a problem,if you want a exact quote contact me & il drop out to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

€300 seems very low to me with gear included but if someone is wiling to do take his hand off.

PS.
    Just re-read the OP post. Theres not even a supply to garage? Supplying garage + 6 4ft twins + 4 sockets. Probably a small chase across a path or something like that. Before any work is done I put the gear at €150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

materials about 300 for corrossion proof lites etc. and board,swa.prob bout 550 all in is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

sound more like it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

if your garage was attached to the house the costs would be less. but if it is not then as above SWA to a sub board wold be the best option and will cost you more money. If they were joined and near the board it would make life a lot easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 shocko2009

i presumed the garage was attached to the house! amy can you clear this up?

Advertisement