Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm

Options
  • 19-10-2009 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I have an alarm on my house and want to add some motion sensors on both floors. Is this a big job? Would it cost a lot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What type sensors? The ones up in the corners?
    You should probably go with sensors that can just be added to the existing system. Ask whoever installed the initial alarm for a quote.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi just the one, a bit more information would help give you a better idea.
    How many PiRs are you looking for?
    What locations have you in mind (to allow for wiring)
    Roughly speaking allow €120 per PiR to cover installation & wiring.
    Also bear in mind you panel may not have capacity for more zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have an alarm on my house and want to add some motion sensors on both floors. Is this a big job? Would it cost a lot?

Hi Just The One,

Depending on the alarm you have installed in the house you might be able to do this. The price of doing this would depend on if your alarm has enough zones to facilitate the extra motion detectors and the cabling involved in installing them.
    You also have to bear in mind that any cables ran from where your main alarm panel "not the keypad" is have to be protected by either trunking or can be hidden in the wall. Its much neater job this way. Most alarm panels can be defaulted and reprogrammed if you dont have an eng code once the eng lock has not being enabled but depending on what alarm panel you have there are ways around this. This would have to be done so the motion detectors can be set up on partset for when your in the house at night so you dont set the alarm off.

Hope this helps, if you require any more info let us know..

Advertisement