Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public sector told 'strike and pay will be docked'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Lemming wrote: »

Ah ... this old nugget again .... "shared equally". Umm .. we've seen little "share" from the public sector what. So. F*cking. Ever.

"Share the pain" has become a mantra from the unions for "can't somebody else pay for it?"

Not all the private sector is unemployed.

Not all the private sector has taken a paycut.

Some of the private sector are still receiving pay rises.

All of the public sector has taken an envy levy.

Boo hoo to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

dresden8 wrote: »
    Not all the private sector is unemployed.

Not all the private sector has taken a paycut.

Some of the private sector are still receiving pay rises.

All of the public sector has taken an envy levy.

Boo hoo to you.

Which means ? ?

Yes . . You have guessed it .

The people in the private sector who get pay rises are in companys that have the money to reward them and the people who have taken paycuts (including my wife who took a 30% paycut) are in companies who cannot afford to maintain their wages .

If I got a 100% payrise in my privately owned company, why should that be any concern of you ?

Are the Irish Government making money that we dont know of ?

Another problem of the public service. Always looking over their garden fence and pointing at what their neighbours have, making comparisons when it suits and ignoring negatives when it suits .

A majority of people in the private sector have not gotten payrises . .

And a majority of people in the private service are worried about their job . .

All permanent employees of the public service have a state guaranteed pension and a guaranteed job. .

Drumpot wrote: »

Another problem of the public service. Always looking over their garden fence and pointing at what their neighbours have, making comparisons when it suits and ignoring negatives when it suits .

That is funny.

I thought the whole point of these public service bashing threads was to point out how good the public sector neighbours have it and ignoring negatives when it suits.

Ich laughenzee, as German public servants might not say in their 20 hour working day, without lunch, at €2 per hour, without any allowances or annual leave.

That is funny.

I thought the whole point of these public service bashing threads was to point out how good the public sector neighbours have it and ignoring negatives when it suits.

Ich laughenzee, as German public servants might not say in their 20 hour working day, without lunch, at €2 per hour, without any allowances or annual leave.

On iboards in relation to Public v Private :

Pointing out the obvious = Public service bashing . . :rolleyes:

A majority of people in the private sector have not gotten payrises . .

Link please.
    And a majority of people in the private service are worried about their job . ..

There is a sustained attack on the public service orchestrated by the government and IBEC. Are you personally guaranteeing my job? If you are I would like it in writing please.
    All permanent employees of the public service have a state guaranteed pension and a guaranteed job. .

Nothing is guaranteed any more, especially jobs. Have you not read any threads on this forum?

There will be changes to my pension, you can f*cking guarantee it.

• Advertisement

On iboards in relation to Public v Private :

Pointing out the obvious = Public service bashing . . :rolleyes:

Ignored the salient points I see. (insert smilies here to convince idiots of point)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Ignored the salient points I see. (insert smilies here to convince idiots of point)

Sure when there's no concrete data out there Dresden from the private sector all they need is a random 'comparison' of public v private sector pay to whip them into a frenzy.

Join me in a flexi day and a half and sure no public servant works on a Friday. With our hour long tea-break on Thursday we can clock out at 12:30 and look forward to a nice stress free 3 day weekend dreaming of our pot of gold awaiting us at the end of our easy working lives. Bliss! This is how we apparently live so we might as well do the crime if we are going to do the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

If I got a 100% payrise in my privately owned company, why should that be any concern of you ?
    It might mean that I'm being overcharged. We're all paying the cost of private sector pensions (even the ones that were wiped out).

EF wrote: »
    Sure when there's no concrete data out there Dresden from the private sector all they need is a random 'comparison' of public v private sector pay to whip them into a frenzy.

Join me in a flexi day and a half and sure no public servant works on a Friday. With our hour long tea-break on Thursday we can clock out at 12:30 and look forward to a nice stress free 3 day weekend dreaming of our pot of gold awaiting us at the end of our easy working lives. Bliss! This is how we apparently live so we might as well do the crime if we are going to do the time.

No, this is wrong.

Wednesday is rip the public purse off day.

Who the hell did your induction course in the Bahamas?

Link please.

There is a sustained attack on the public service orchestrated by the government and IBEC. Are you personally guaranteeing my job? If you are I would like it in writing please.

Nothing is guaranteed any more, especially jobs. Have you not read any threads on this forum?

There will be changes to my pension, you can f*cking guarantee it.

Firstly, They cant make changes to your pension without your permission and anyways they havent even discussed changing it. Partially because they benefit from the lavish pensions that you all get and because it doesnt reduce the public expenses immediatly (only in the long term).

Secondly. How many Permanent (which is what I have been talking about) employees have been let go in the public service to date?

Thirdly, there will have to be redundancys or paycuts. Unions will strike this country into a longer recession. Have you heard Mr Beggs answer to this problem? Quote "get more loans from the EU" . .

Fourthly . .
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2009/0724/1224251231120.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2009/0826/1224253265837.html

http://www.businessandleadership.com/leadership/news/article/16724/leadership/aib-awards-3pc-pay-rise-to-third-of-irish-staff

Thats just the banks . . This is the reality for many in the private sector. As i said, my wife took a 30% paycut . . And I have many friends and family who have taken between 5-15% paycuts. But hey, perhaps I only know the unlucky ones . .

Lastly . . Attack on the public service. . There you go again . . Attack ? No, theres a problem with our countries balance sheet and the public service accounts for a third of that. We are reducing social welfare - Or is it an ATTACK on social welfare? If you dont have the money you cant pay your bills. Its not an "attack" on the bills, its called cutting your cloth to suit your needs !

• Advertisement

Firstly, They cant make changes to your pension without your permission !

I think you'll find they made changes to my pension "contributions" without my permission.

Just one thing you are screamingly wrong about.

Secondly. How many Permanent (which is what I have been talking about) employees have been let go in the public service to date?

I don't know, but a shed load of temporary ones have been let go.

And they don't get refunded their "pension levy", even though they don't qualify for a pension.

I think you'll find they made changes to my pension "contributions" without my permission.

Just one thing you are screamingly wrong about.

Oh the pensions levy . .

Seriously you dont want to get me started on this. . In fact, if you want to see how ridiculously expensive your pension really is, look up one of my posts on public pensions and you can start ignoring this topic like another one of your colleagues (who was well riled up but couldnt answer my questions and dissapeared quickly).

Secondly, where did I mention wasting public servants or messers ? Bringin up stuff I didnt even say . .

Truth is your simply ignorant to the harsh reality of our economic situation.

Thirdly, there will have to be redundancys or paycuts.

There have been job losses and paycuts.

See my earlier point about pension contributions that do not quality people for a pension.

You are so wrong on so many levels.

Carry on.

There have been job losses and paycuts.

See my earlier point about pension contributions that do not quality people for a pension.

Link to all these job losses ?

Oh and Im more concerned with the people who are qualifying for the pension (which is the majority of public servants) . Its costing the state 1.8 billion a year to fund the existing pension arrangement . .

Oh and Im more concerned with the people who are qualifying for the pension (which is the majority of public servants) .

Yes, I know you ignore the facts that don't suit you.

Nothing new there on these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Lastly . . Attack on the public service. . There you go again . . Attack ? No, theres a problem with our countries balance sheet and the public service accounts for a third of that. We are reducing social welfare - Or is it an ATTACK on social welfare? If you dont have the money you cant pay your bills. Its not an "attack" on the bills, its called cutting your cloth to suit your needs !

How many threads do we need saying the same thing? The ESRI, Central Bank, Eddie Hobbs, An Bord Snip, various broadsheets and other vested interests have engaged in a sustained media campaign on a daily basis for the last year nearly with one loud and clear message: Public Sector Cuts!

You are so wrong on so many levels.

Carry on.

No smileys, but still a compelling arguement . .

I refer of course to the few posts I have read on this thread. . I should of qualified my comment . .

Either way, the general perception is that the public service is about in touch with reality as John O'Donohue . . .

Sensationalist comment ? . . yes . .

True ? . . In many cases, certainly in relation to a large majority of people chomping up the unions rhetoric . .

I was interested to see that you didnt even comment on my myths post . .

Link to all these job losses ?

I think you'll find if you examine this thread I asked you for a link first.

Or is that another inconvenient truth you choose to ignore?

• Advertisement

Yes, I know you ignore the facts that don't suit you.

Nothing new there on these threads.

In the few posts I have discussed with you, you actually havent produced one fact . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Firstly, They cant make changes to your pension without your permission
    The law said that the money in the National Pension reserve Fund could only be used to guarantee state pensions......so your mates in FF changed the law, took a few billion out and gave it to your mates in the banks. Then they introduced a special tax on the public sector to make up some of the shortfall. Anything is possible.
    It's ongoing due to non-replacement of anyone who leaves or retires, also non-renewal of contracts. For example, Revenue is losing 5% of its workforce.
    And I have many friends and family who have taken between 5-15% paycuts. But hey, perhaps I only know the unlucky ones . .
    That's the average in the public sector when you consider the levy, elimination of overtime and no promotions, even if you're now doing the job of you boss and colleagues who've left.
    its called cutting your cloth to suit your needs !
    Or robbing Peter the Public Servant to pay Paul the Bank Manager and Paddy the developer.

I think you'll find if you examine this thread I asked you for a link first.

Or is that another inconvenient truth you choose to ignore?

Ok . .

Heres a fact . .

Our Countrys balance sheet is fked. .

Where do we make up the 400million in loans we are getting per week to service our costs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

lemming , with all your qualifications you do not seem to be able to read.

i will take another cut when the cost of living is reduced to reflect it , then i will have no problem with it , that is something you obviously fail to understand.

for example, regulate the health system , i pay enough prsi that i should be looked after by a public paid doctor a la the system in britain , thats 60 quid the governement can have.

also , cap the price of renting property per square foot and they can have the money i would save there.

there are just two examples off the top of my head.

the change needs to be wholescale , from the farmer suppling the milk to the shop to the customer buying it , a cut of wages needs to be parallel and reflected in the wider scale economy in general.

just cutting wages aint the answer , it will just go on and on and on.

i hope you will take care to read all of my opinion on this matter this time around and not just the parts that support your aggression , cheers

The law said that the money in the National Pension reserve Fund could only be used to guarantee state pensions......so your mates in FF changed the law, took a few billion out and gave it to your mates in the banks. Then they introduced a special tax on the public sector to make up some of the shortfall. Anything is possible.

It's ongoing due to non-replacement of anyone who leaves or retires. For example, Revenue is losing 5% of its workforce.

That's the average in the public sector when you consider the levy, elimination of overtime and no promotions, even if you're now doing the job of you boss and colleagues who've left.

Or robbing Peter the Public Servant to pay Paul the Bank Manager and Paddy the developer.

Firstly . . Im an FF'r or a banker ? Really discredits your lame arguement and once again shows the smokes and mirrors that Public service defendents put out to mask their own milking of the state (cue John O'Donohue).

Secondly . .So natural wastage (ie retiring people) is people being made redundant ! ! Seriously, weak .

Thirdly . . Your still not paying enough for the pension benefits most public servants get . The government should up the levy to 30% and give you guys the option to opt out of your pension scheme (then the unions would be harping on of the importance of the public pension, oh boy would we hear about it then!)

Lastly. . Ive met plenty of people in the public service who are pissed with the pensions levy who have a job and arent worried about losing it. Ive met just as many people who have taken a pay cut in the private sector and are shtting it about their jobs. The common public servant has no clue about what the common private sector employee is worried.

Oh and dont forget when you are blaming the banks and builders for ruining the country that public servants spend our money , regulate our banks and monitor housing construction (along with drafting regulation). The phrase, "dont throw stones in glasshouses" comes to mind .

Ok . .

Heres a fact . .

Our Countrys balance sheet is fked. .

Where do we make up the 400million in loans we are getting per week to service our costs ?

So, no link?

Oh and dont forget when you are blaming the banks and builders for ruining the country that public servants spend our money , regulate our banks and monitor housing construction (along with drafting regulation). The phrase, "dont throw stones in glasshouses" comes to mind .

You are confusing FF appointed party hacks who let FF and their developer and banker mates away with massive fraud, with the public service, a large group of ordinary people (we're not actually David Icke's Lizards you know), who work for a living and believe in the job we're doing. Mostly we do important sh1t and are proud of it.

Yes there are a lot of lazy stupid bastards, but you get that in any large organization. In fact, some are appointed by the electorate.

maxximus wrote: »
    lemming , with all your qualifications you do not seem to be able to read.

i will take another cut when the cost of living is reduced to reflect it , then i will have no problem with it , that is something you obviously fail to understand.

for example, regulate the health system , i pay enough prsi that i should be looked after by a public paid doctor a la the system in britain , thats 60 quid the governement can have.

also , cap the price of renting property per square foot and they can have the money i would save there.

there are just two examples off the top of my head.

the change needs to be wholescale , from the farmer suppling the milk to the shop to the customer buying it , a cut of wages needs to be parallel and reflected in the wider scale economy in general.

just cutting wages aint the answer , it will just go on and on and on.

i hope you will take care to read all of my opinion on this matter this time around and not just the parts that support your aggression , cheers

I will read your posts when you read my dear sir . . Ive written more then I care on public service cuts and been P.C to the point where it just broke my heart with the delusional Public servants on this site defending the indefencible. .

We signed up to a capitalistic global state. An open , free market. . Like it or not, lack of regulation (while causing trouble that we have now) also encourages investment in our country.

What you are talking about is complete regulation, going against the globalistic system that we have all subscribed to (trust a public servant to only see things on a national level).

I never suggested "just pay cuts" . . Please find my quote on that . .This thread is about public servants so I am debating that very topic.

I will ask this question again . . .

How do we reduce a deficit of €400million a week without touching public service pay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

drumpot , that post was for lemming a la the first word of the post , ffs do lads not read whole posts on here or are you both the same person ??

as i have no wish to converse with multiple usernames

• Advertisement

You are confusing FF appointed party hacks who let FF and their developer and banker mates away with massive fraud, with the public service, a large group of ordinary people (we're not actually David Iche's Lizards you know), who work for a living and believe in the job we're doing. Mostly we do important sh1t and are proud of it.

Yes there are a lot of lazy stupid bastards, but you get that in any large organization. In fact, some are appointed by the electorate.

Where did I say that all public servants are lazy ?

A FF party that was elected by the electorate of this country. Of course its popular to say "I didnt vote FF" but half our country voted for these guys. As a nation we got the government we wanted . . Bertie encapsulated everything thats been wrong with our country for a long time .

€400million a week:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2009/0718/1224250902048.html

Im not saying that we should reduce public service pay, thats it. .

Ive said in other threads (couldnt be bothered looking for it), that there should of been a collective effort between public and private sector employees to reduce the cost of living by 20% (to much laughter).

Like I said. This thread is on Public servants which is what I am discussing. .

Advertisement