Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Games - 20th October

• 19-10-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

[COLOR="Lime"]Shamrock Rovers[/COLOR]	v [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Cork City[/COLOR]	
    [COLOR="Red"]Derry City[/COLOR] v [COLOR="Red"]Sligo Rovers[/COLOR]	
    [COLOR="Green"]Bray Wanderers[/COLOR] v [COLOR="Black"]Dundalk[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Black"]Bohemians[/COLOR] v [COLOR="Red"]St. Patrick's Athletic[/COLOR]	
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Drogheda United[/COLOR] v [COLOR="DarkRed"]Galway United[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Yellow"]
    Sporting Fingal[/COLOR] v [COLOR="Navy"]Limerick[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]Waterford United[/COLOR] v [COLOR="DarkRed"]Mervue United[/COLOR]

I'm sure the Champions League will take centre stage but for those of us enthralled in end of season matters on the domestic front, there's some massive games at both ends of the table.

Rovers can't afford to drop a point as I fear Bohs could win all remaining games with a better goal difference as well. Looking for a favour from our friendly neighbours from down the Luas line but I don't hold out much hope.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hopefully the blades can get something in the SantrySiro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Des wrote: »
    Hopefully the blades can get something in the SantrySiro
    Will be a close one, Waterford's last chance at promotion realistically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Come on Cork!!!!

Trilla wrote: »
    Come on Cork!!!!
    Any word on this player's strike? Will this game go ahead?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Come on Cork!!!!

Hell yeah! Weird, two weeks in a row Rovers play the team we just played :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can't even make predictions at this stage, but the performance on Saturday gives me hope, even if Drogheda were ****.

Bermo should be back in, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

Voltwad wrote: »
    [COLOR=Lime]Shamrock Rovers[/COLOR]    v [COLOR=SeaGreen]Cork City[/COLOR]    
    [COLOR=Red]Derry City[/COLOR] v [COLOR=Red]Sligo Rovers[/COLOR]    
    [COLOR=Green]Bray Wanderers[/COLOR] v [COLOR=Black]Dundalk[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Black]Bohemians[/COLOR] v [COLOR=Red]St. Patrick's Athletic[/COLOR]    
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Drogheda United[/COLOR] v [COLOR=DarkRed]Galway United[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Yellow]
    Sporting Fingal[/COLOR] v [COLOR=Navy]Limerick[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy]Waterford United[/COLOR] v [COLOR=DarkRed]Mervue United[/COLOR]

To win Shams, Sligo Rovers ( hopefully wont be an easy game never is in the brandywell) Dundalk, Bohs, Waterford, and sporting fingal

Drogs and Galway draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Any word on this player's strike? Will this game go ahead?

Well the players were leaving it til 4pm today for the wages to be paid or else they would strike. No official word that they have been paid, but there are rumours that come 4pm, those owed money still didn't have their wages paid :rolleyes:

Guess we'll know tonight/ tomorrow for definite if it'll go ahead.

Well the players were leaving it til 4pm today for the wages to be paid or else they would strike. No official word that they have been paid, but there are rumours that come 4pm, those owed money still didn't have their wages paid :rolleyes:

Guess we'll know tonight/ tomorrow for definite if it'll go ahead.
    If they strike and Rovers get a walkover I'll cry -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If they strike and Rovers get a walkover I'll cry -_-

That won't happen.

Hopefully Mervue and Limerick get something, I'd be more confident about Limerick mind you.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

A win for both Rovers and B*hs here, hopefully B*ohs will drop a few points before the season ends, not sure if it will happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

A win for Sporting Fingal will do for me. Limerick drew 1-1 last time there i think. I'm hoping for a rematch between Leo and Freddy.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It'd be more of a headline if they had been paid. If Coughlan can't pay the bus driver...

Regardless, it's crucial Rovers keep their eye on the ball. Could easily lose focus and before they know it, it ends 0-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If the players don't strike and the game goes ahead i can't see us beating Shams especially if we play like we did against Bohs.

Fucking joke.

This is an important game and our players won't find out if the game is actually going ahead until hours before.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

cymro wrote: »
    A win for Sporting Fingal will do for me. Limerick drew 1-1 last time there i think. I'm hoping for a rematch between Leo and Freddy.:D

If memory serves me right the only reason they got a draw was because their keeper played a blinder and pulled off 4 or 5 world class saves. Lets hope it doesnt happen again.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

According to newstalk this morning Cork are waiting until 1pm today and if wages haven't been paid then there is no game. 3-0 win to Rovers if thats the case according to the boys on the wireless.

iregk wrote: »
    According to newstalk this morning Cork are waiting until 1pm today and if wages haven't been paid then there is no game. 3-0 win to Rovers if thats the case according to the boys on the wireless.
    I hope this doesn't happen :( Don't wanna give the pigs another excuse to bemoan our upcoming title win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I hope this doesn't happen :( Don't wanna give the pigs another excuse to bemoan our upcoming title win.

we wouldnt want you pigs to win like that either;)

• Advertisement

now now ladies, lets keep it clean, were not playing prison rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Any further elements of abuse will lead directly to bans, you can have banter without stooping to that level

to bemoan our upcoming title win.

Not in the bag by any means. Not sure how anybody can be complacent.

This Cork farce is a joke. No wonder the barstoolers are laughing at us. To heel with TC and his false deadlines. Rovers should be informed in plenty of time instead of been made hang around.

Players paid supposely, whether TC can offer to pay the bus driver is another question.:p

Players paid supposely,

By whom, I wonder.

stovelid wrote: »
    By whom, I wonder.

Most likely an advance on payments for european fixtures :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Not in the bag by any means. Not sure how anybody can be complacent.

This Cork farce is a joke. No wonder the barstoolers are laughing at us. To heel with TC and his false deadlines. Rovers should be informed in plenty of time instead of been made hang around.

yea exactly this is the most exciting league finish ive seen in the ten years supporting the league but all we are hearing about is clubs in difficulty/ clubs supposedly folding etc:rolleyes: anyway bring on tonights games hopefully cork turn up and get something out of the game but seriously doubt it how can players play a game of ball after all that sh1te going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭DvB

By whom, I wonder.

I reckon the answer to that is pretty obvious.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

***cough*** Abbotstown ***cough***

• Advertisement

A Fast Abbotstown Intervention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fucking joke.

This is an important game and our players won't find out if the game is actually going ahead until hours before.

:mad:

Shouldn't make a difference at all.

The players will prepare for this game the same way they would for any other. If it then gets called off well they'll all be fresher for the next match.

Report on the radio earlier by Billy Barry who had been speaking to Dan Murray. Seems a club official turned up with bank drafts before the players left on the bus (yes, they had one this time)

Just heard that Danny was paid by cheque, got off the bus and went with Stephen McGuiness to the bank to see if it clears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

What was Murray doing in an acting and dancing school? :D

Just heard that Danny was paid by cheque, got off the bus and went with Stephen McGuiness to the bank to see if it clears.

He could be there a while does a cheque not take 5 working days to clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Salary cheques clear immediately. It cleared, he is on route.

• Advertisement

Which would certainly suggest it was not issued by Tommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

major bill wrote: »
    yea exactly this is the most exciting league finish ive seen in the ten years supporting the league but all we are hearing about is clubs in difficulty/ clubs supposedly folding etc:rolleyes: anyway bring on tonights games hopefully cork turn up and get something out of the game but seriously doubt it how can players play a game of ball after all that sh1te going on.

You reckon three teams will be in with a chance of the title on the last day like in 2006? :rolleyes:

Or a head to head between the only 2 teams competing on the last day like 2005.

Its completely subjective to where ones loyalties lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bohs whomped us 3-1

Cork winning 2-1 with 10 to go in Tallafornia

Some odd results tonight, we in a play off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I bet Shams are wishing our lads went on strike now.;)

A surprising result all the same. Fair play to the lads to get a result like that considering all thats happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

The King of Benin
    The King of Benin
    3ece71bd75adb496
    The King of Benin

5pts on Rovers to beat Derry at 5/2:D

Cork winning ruins my bet on Shams to win league:(

Ho hum!

A surprising result all the same. Fair play to the lads to get a result like that considering all thats happened.

Indeed :D

Shams first loss since May is it?

Fair play to the city lads though, with everything that has been going on lately (well, all season), it's good to get some postive news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Come on Cork!!!!

:)

Fair play to the lads to get a result like that considering all thats happened.

One or two of your players went down in my estimation tonight. Some bad gamesmanship that went beyond running down the clock, imo. I'll not cry for those lads come November, I'm sorry.

Otherwise, Cork were the better team and deserved the win. Sives was badly missed and I still can't understand how Chisholm got the nod over Johnson in a game that we need to close down. I assume Rice went off because he was on a yellow(?) but he was badly missed.

I can't see Bohs slipping up now, but hopefully the lads will regroup and get something against Dundalk. Looking forward to the trip now. At least the season has exceeded expectations whatever happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Id say a few of them were playing for moves to Shams next season/ probably a few scouts in crowd

:)
    :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Thank you Cork.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Glad to oblige!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

One or two of your players went down in my estimation tonight. Some bad gamesmanship that went beyond running down the clock, imo. I'll not cry for those lads come November, I'm sorry.

football fan

• Advertisement
Advertisement