Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Games - 20th October

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    football fan

I wish.

Precious little on show tonight except from the visiting side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

What a night for a Bohs fan. After the hugely depressing disappointment after Salzburg and the post-European lull, then the horribly intimidating atmosphere in Tallaght and the GAA-point-scoring penalty, tonight in Dailymount turned things around completely. Great display from the team, then the commotion, confusion and cheers in the crown when the Rovers result first came through - followed by the bedlam at the end when the final whistle blew and Cork were announced as going ahead 2-1. Legend.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

eightyfish wrote: »
    What a night for a Bohs fan. After the hugely depressing disappointment after Salzburg and the post-European lull, then the horribly intimidating atmosphere in Tallaght and the GAA-point-scoring penalty, tonight in Dailymount turned things around completely. Great display from the team, then the commotion, confusion and cheers in the crown when the Rovers result first came through - followed by the bedlam at the end when the final whistle blew and Cork were announced as going ahead 2-1. Legend.
    Was such a pain it kicked off 15 minutes later, was just hanging around waiting for confirmation

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bohs whomped us 3-1
    Cork winning 2-1 with 10 to go in Tallafornia
    Some odd results tonight, we in a play off :(

How does that work exactly? Bottom two - three - in play-off? Thanks for coming down. Third worst moment (in football) this year (after Salzburg and the Rovers defeat in Tallaght) was loosing badly in Inchicore while myself and some fellow Bohs fans were sitting amongst the pats fans, with colours, right beside the guys with the drum.

All LOI supporters are good in my book. Lead sports headline on the RTE news tonight was the champions league. F*ck sake.

Was such a pain it kicked off 15 minutes later, was just hanging around waiting for confirmation

Me too. In the bar in Dailymount. Had to have a single malt when I got home. Now on internet with girlfriend in bed and responsible things to do tomorrow. Not good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:(
    blah blah blah and the GAA-point-scoring penalty blah blah blah

Ahh, when in an hour of need

image.php?u=30&dateline=1254660274

Sives and Murray at the back...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Rovers seemed to be scared of the task in front of them.

Deserved win, but it was a strange atmosphere in City end. We won but who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well last night hurt. Rovers were excellent for 5 minutes. 1-0 up and totally went into our selves. Maybe got nervous or what ever but just stopped playing. No closing down, not urgency and no energy.

All credit to Cork, after all that rubbish yesterday they put on a display like that. Some great football from Cork and fully deserved the win. Rovers, well teams will play like that when you stand off them and let them have the ball on the edge of the box without so much as a tackle put in.

Disappointing but as has been said, this season has already eclipsed all pre season expectations. Savage season in any case but there is still football to be played!

We won but who cares?

There were several thousand Bohs fans in Dailymount last night who cared very much. I'm sure it's a huge morale boost to the Cork players to win in Tallaght after a difficult few weeks, and it (almost) secures European football for Cork also.

On top of that, this result keeps the LOI exciting, keeps it in conversation on the radio stations, and is good for the whole lot of us really.

Except Rovers. But there's still three games to go. I could be eating my hat in a couple of weeks.
    iregk wrote: »
    Savage season in any case but there is still football to be played!

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

then the horribly intimidating atmosphere in Tallaght

It's a by-product of a full ground. You remember them, right? :pac:

Can't see anybody in Boh's run-in giving them problems, with the exception of Sligo. Bohs showed their mettle last night and I think they're home. I hope the title will be worth it in the long run.....

Ticket for Dundalk here beside me though - won't stop hoping just in case. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Have to mention Drogheda beating Galway. What a result! I know its means feck all in terms of the table but it did me the world of good to see that team actually doing themselves justice and getting what they deserve for once. Could have been 22-22 in all honesty, some horrendous misses by both sides, and I'm nearly sure Chambers first half free-kick (attempt) will make MNS on monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

eightyfish it's spelt Dalymount not Dailymount.;)

eightyfish it's spelt Dalymount not Dailymount.;)

I should have spotted that really. That's what happens when you post after a few pints and a couple of single malts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Even though we beat Shams last night i still hope they win the league. I think it's important for a team thats being run efficiently and not overspending on wages to win the league this year.

It'll prove ridiculous spending isn't needed to produce a title winning team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

There were several thousand Bohs fans in Dailymount last night who cared very much.

There were not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:D

:p

DSB wrote: »
    There were not.

The Jodi stand holds 3,000 people. It was mostly full. From where I was sitting (halfway line) it was full all the way to the singers. Not sure about away fans end of it. "several thousand" may have been a bit of an exaggeration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

The Jodi stand holds 3,000 people. It was mostly full. From where I was sitting (halfway line) it was full all the way to the singers. Not sure about away fans end of it. "several thousand" may have been a bit of an exaggeration.

The attendance was in and around 2000 if I remember correctly. Am I to assume there were no Pats fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The attendance was in and around 2000 if I remember correctly. Am I to assume there were no Pats fans?

500-600 Pats fans and no more than 2,000 Bohs is what I've heard from a Bohs and a Pats fan who were on either side.

The vast majority of the pats fans were not in the jodi stand. 2000 sounds about right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

yeah but it will most likely go into the books as a 7,000 strong crowd!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

iregk wrote: »
    yeah but it will most likely go into the books as a 7,000 strong crowd!

Well they did that in Cork for years ;)

Advertisement