Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freeBOOT v0.01 - Xbox 360 8498 Rebooter for JTAG Hack

Options
  • 19-10-2009 3:45pm

Ikari released the first version of 'freeBOOT' for xenon (v1) and falcon (v3) consoles with JTAG/SMC-Hack.

This 'rebooter' will allow you to 'reboot' the 360 into an MS kernel after starting it with the JTAG Hack ... in this case (freeBOOT v0.01) it should reboot the console into MS kernel 8498 (but I assume 8507 will be possible too, and it's probably also the first step into rebooting into patched/modified MS kernels).
    The readme says it requires the Cygnos360 v2 chip atm, I'm assuming they need it to automatically reset the SMC back to original.

Booting your 360 into 849x+ and keeping the JTAG Hack working was impossible until now, because updating to 849x+ via the MS update procedures burned a CB-fuse which made it impossible to still perform the JTAG Hack. If you already updated your console to 849x+ via normal update methods there is still no solution for you, but if you have a JTAG 'hackable' console (kernel 7371 or lower on NAND) freeBOOT should allow you to 're boot' it into 8498 via the JTAG Hack (using 'virtual fuses').

Full Readme/NFO: here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

have you found yourself the console for the hack? you were looking for one

Have just got around to Fix a RROD xenon, have a DB25 header some patch cable and some resistors, have to head into maplins tmo to grab a Soldering iron, mine old one is in bits.

Havnt soldered much but hope i can manage. Shame you need a Cygnos for the rebooter as there quite expensive, but if development keeps going and we see some Patched kernals and modified Dashes/XBMC 360 it could be worth it and possible get cheaper.

you will manage. If you have any problems give me a shout.

edit: and DO use the diode and 330ohm resistors

Cheers,

Got about 50 x 330ohm resistors of ebay for bout 3E. From what iv read the Diode isnt necessary, if it dosnt work ill add one.

fair enough, but that might mean two journeys to maplins. I did my first flash without the diode and I had 3 different results (dumps). Second with diode - all three identical.

• Advertisement

docentore wrote: »
    fair enough, but that might mean two journeys to maplins. I did my first flash without the diode and I had 3 different results (dumps). Second with diode - all three identical.

ah is see, sure ill grab one or two so.

Did ya get em in maplins?

peats, but maplins have them as well (around 0.47 piece)

Advertisement