Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Far Cry 2 Hard game or not ?

• 19-10-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Just got Far Cry 2 and its really hard to play shoot and look after yourself

Its not like the old one I loved that game. got my ass kicked 4 time and thats on the first mission.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

I don't remember it being particularly hard. But I did give up playing it after a few hours, as it got extremely repetitive and boring - having to drive through the same checkpoints over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

i have to say i enjoyed it. It is a bit repetitive, but its good fun too. I didnt however find it particularily difficult, but it did take a while to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davearthurs

I thought it was great - love open world games.
    The missions were the weakest part.

Balancing your weapons is important - good sniper rifle etc.,
    building up good kit/ diamonds.
    In fact find as many diamonds as you can before taking on too many missions.
    go off road as much as possible to avoid trucks. travel at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cable842 wrote: »
    Just got Far Cry 2 and its really hard to play shoot and look after yourself

Its not like the old one I loved that game. got my ass kicked 4 time and thats on the first mission.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Not so much hard as unfair; between the respawning enemies, whole clips required to drop enemies, being run over out of nowhere while getting out of you car to deal with another pursuing jeep you couldn't escape, to the mystery climate which meant a brand new weapon turns to an inoperable heap of junk in half an hour. Rubbish game, there's a reason it's so cheap everywhere.

edit: How could I forget the malaria attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Snooze Fest 2

nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

It is quite unfair alright with the ridiculous respawn rates and shoddy weaponry. I had to adapt a completely different method of playing FPS'ers to handle it. It takes a while to get used to so if you're enjoying it stick to your guns (no pun intended :D) If you don't intend to smash your controller against the ground in rage you might want to stop playing. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

OP if you do persevere, you'll find that it's best to rely on sniper rifles, this has nothing to do with playing the game tactically and more to do with the fact that the game's mechanics are fundamentally flawed - dare I say broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

It's hard if you try and get up close to your enemies. Not too bad if you use sniper rifles and take them out at a distance. Pretty generous auto-aim too. Managed to snipe a mission target who was in a car from a mile away by pressing LT then RT really quick. Bit of a cheap kill but saved a lot of hassle, so worth using if you're stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Voice Acting - Utter ****.When I first heard it I thought they must be taking the piss. Nope..everybody in the game speaks without any punctuation.

Missions - Drive here, kill some bad guys on way, kill some bad guys there, drive back, kill respawned enemies on way back, reach save point then do next mission or get a cure for...

Malaria - Christ above, this was overkill. I can't quite find the words to describe a game that allows you to collapse from a ****ing disease while you're in the middle of a massive gunfight. And all that driving to get more medicine, only to have your little bitch of a character keel over again 15 minutes later.

I loved Far Cry 1 (though I wish they'd left all that monster **** out of it) but FC2 just got it so wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I didn't find to too hard, just a little frustrating when you have to travel 15-20 minutes to do a mission. It doesn't entice you to pick up the controller unless you have a very quiet evening.

I like the difficulties of jamming weapons and ammo regularly running out – it forced me to improvise quite a lot and kept me thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

once you buy savage guns the game gets easier but the god damn traveling doesnt I'll tell you that. get me a jet pack any day or a sports car across the desert

My dad told me that he completed the game in 2 months Im ashamed of myself that my dad can complete a game before me ahhhhh :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

+ the fact they pritty much bought the name to try sell the game..Im remember close to release date hoping for some sort of a sequel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

bought the name to try sell the game ? did someone buy the company thatg made the original game.

the old game was amazing even the add ons were really good.

o.k the game is realistic but come one Im running around africa and gettin shot at if a sniper shoots me and then I have to take the slug out with the pilers.

when I shoots a enemy he keeps running around like crazy no limping nothing.

also collecting diamonds 1 diamond the size of my fist could get me 50 guns in africa thats realistic.
    Soby wrote: »
    + the fact they pritty much bought the name to try sell the game..Im remember close to release date hoping for some sort of a sequel

Advertisement