Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Pre-Qual Test

• 19-10-2009 4:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know when this is carried out?

I recently got my line switched over to a much closer exchange, the line stats are excellent. I should be able to achieve 7 meg with little trouble.

I rang sales and I just about managed to get the guy to put me on 3 meg. He said he'd try a few days later to give me 7. Each time I ring I get the same spiel, 'Sorry sir, your line is only capable of 1 meg', eh I'm on 3 at the moment.

Anyhoo a quick ring to broadband support and they are able to tell me I'm capable of 10 meg (If eircom offered that package). Sales aren't allowed put an order through unless it's stated on their system as capable. As ofter as they've put through a re-test request it's nearly 2 weeks and still not done. Is there a big batch of pre-tests done every month and if so, when?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you wait up to 4 weeks . How did you persuade them to switch you ( and where ..PM if you like) ????

Advertisement