Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEKKEN 6 BR in Dublin, IRELAND 28th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Two things;

1) I may not be in the country, I cannot garantee I can play.

2) Just for my information, why the wirelass pad ban? Some kind of haxx old skewl DooM wouldn't have encountered? :P

You can be synced to the console, and press your home button, and stop the match even when you're not playing.

EG here, at the Evo grand finals for tekken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAsUqN1KPjw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    You can be synced to the console, and press your home button, and stop the match even when you're not playing.

EG here, at the Evo grand finals for tekken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAsUqN1KPjw

Noooooooooo!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A quick point, I wouldn't promise the prize money as it depends on how many people show up and how long you have the consoles for. I would say one console per group and if you have 4 groups then that is €10 per hour. That means that the cost will be 50% of fees if you have them going for 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

To create a "wired" PS3 pad, just unscrew your pad & remove the battery (for the day), and use a USB cable for the connection.
    Random sync problem sorted.

HMUYA wrote: »
    A quick point, I wouldn't promise the prize money as it depends on how many people show up and how long you have the consoles for. I would say one console per group and if you have 4 groups then that is €10 per hour. That means that the cost will be 50% of fees if you have them going for 4 hours.

Unless they have a deal in place. Dun dun dunnnnnn...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

mantys wrote: »
    If there is more players interested, I and some other players will drop from the tournament, so more people have a chance to play. If you are interested in helping me with this tournament, I will be glad. :D

Good luck to everyone!:rolleyes:

I'm being very generous here because I've always had a soft spot for Tekken. If I'm there (what date is it?) I will help you run the tournament.

The date is 28th of november.

You sure of that as the opening post says 21st or 28th?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

The date is 28th November, 15:00.

People do not worry if you can come or not, if your name is on the list, it is not definite. I think some people will not show up anyway.
    So if you don't come, it's gonna be OK anyway.
    We will see about the prices, as the remaining problem is with the game itself. If they don;t have the game before 28th November in the cafe...I'll have to beg the players to bring it. :confused:
    But I believe the game is so popular, that the cafe will buy it.
    Wirelless controllers are banned, unless battery removed. You HAVE to use the cable.

🤪

• Advertisement

Better off having players bring the game. Means more machines can be run simultaneously for both tourney and casual play and also keeps costs down.

If you're only charging a fiver entry, you don't want a chunk of your prize money spent on renting several copies of the game for a few hours.

Also, scrap the idea of another double elim for people who get knocked out just so they get more games. That's what casual play is for. It's hard enough to run one tournament, let alone a side tournament while you're at it.

Yeah players bring the game. I don't know what they charge to rent a game but I assume it's not worth considering a lot of players will have the game.

I thought you had agreed with us that the whole "double" double elimanation thing was a bad idea. Do groups into double elimantion. Yes you want everyone to play as many games as possible but equally you want those games to matter and for players to feel good when they win. You don't get those feelings with a loser's tournament. Also people want to give people a chance to watch the finals of the double elimantion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Is it still too late to sign up?

Ramza wrote: »
    Is it still too late to sign up?

For the moment Mantys seems to want to restrict the number of entrants. The rest of us think that this is a bad idea. If he or anyone wants to start a Tekken scene in Ireland then they CANNOT under any circumstances afford to turn away new players.

Hopefully we'll change his mind on this. I'd say as long as you expressed an interest and turn up on time then you will be in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I don't understand restricting the number of entrants either, especially for a new game that's undoubtedly going to have a ton of players.

I put Ramza on the list.

Ok guys, I really need some help with the organization. If I get help, the number of players will not be restricted. I did that because I didn't want the tournament to get out of my hands; people messing around and stuff.

Here is the list at the moment:

1) The Domonator
    2) God-fisted Kaz
    3) Ramza
    4) RedDragonJack
    5) Hmuya *
    6) K.O.Kiki
    7) Xinkai
    8) Leprekaun
    9) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    10) Tequila[Wings]
    11) LUKASAN
    12) Ken
    13) Hithere10
    14) Newaglish
    15) common_parlance
    16) Dave545
    17) Doctor DooM
    18) Kim Long [K.O.I.F]
    19) Kuroro <TMD>
    20) Serval <TMD>
    21) ...

If anyone would like to help with organizing this and has experience, let me know.:D

Just to let yous know, there will be weekly tournaments for beginners as well. Every Wednesday. No-pro players! Just to practice the game, meet new players and all that jazz.:rolleyes:

Nobody who'll be there is a pro player and who are new players going to learn from if not experienced players?

Like I said, I'll help out organising if I'm there. I believe HMUYA has made the same offer.

As I said I'll give you a hand on the day. No restrictions in numbers is the best way to go especially since people might not show up.

Start the sign-up at two o'clock and start the tournament at three o'clock. This gives people a chance to show up. Get four playstations at two o'clock so people can have casuals. Four should allow the tournament to run fairly quick unless a massive amount of people show up.

HMUYA, ok, thanks for your help!
    So the number of players is not restricted, anybody can join.

REGISTRATIONS WILL BEGIN AT 14:00 UNTIL 15:00!!! There will be a lot of time to play casuals.
    I was thinking: What we could do is increase the entrance fee to 10 euro for people who come barehanded. Players who bring the game and/or controllers will get a discount like 2 euro for a game and so on. So if a player brings a game with him and two controllers, he'll only pay 5 euro (that will be min). Just an idea. (we'll need 4 games max anyway :D) And some of the players will have the game 100%, because I know them a bit. So we'll sort it out.
    If we have 24 players we'll make 4 groups of 6 players and so on.
    4 PS3s will be sufficient I think.
    It's hard to think this thru because I don't know actually how many people will be there. What can happen is that nobody will show up, only people I know (10 people) or on the other hand, 36 people can show up...

I'm going to speak to the staff (and hopefully the manager) next week about the tournament (they already know it's gonna be there) so we could get free play. That would be the best! Anyway...thanks guys for help!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah ok so I know this sounds stupid but let me post up anyway

Do you know when the tourney will be over? I need to catch a train back. I could prolly get the late one but I'd prefer to get the evening one.

Also, I'm getting the game on Xbox, and I take this is on PS3? So I'll be coming empty handed :P

• Advertisement

Ramza : I would guess that it will be over between 6 and 7.

Mantys : 10 euro sounds like a better fee to me as it would give a better prize pot. Depending on the number of people that show up I would consider giving other places a prize. Also I don't know about discounts for bringing stuff as that could get complicated and the goal is to keep things as simple as possible. A tenner isn't much to pay for a couple of hours of gaming.

Might as well bump this thread as it's on this weekend.

Maybe a mod could change the title to "Tekken 6 Comp 28th Nov" or something like that?

Can as many people as possible bring copies of the game please, if not it comes out of the prize fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'm still going to this. Will be there with another person and two copies of the game!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Any chance of someone getting some footage?

I'm all about the cam whoring these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll be there (I suck at tekken though:)), what time will we be finishing at does any one know?

I would figure the tournament should finish about 6, presuming that everything runs smoothly (fingers crossed).

I'm flying out to Germany tomorrow so can't attend.

A pity, was hoping to pull a 3RD Strike!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

Heres the most up to date info on the tournament for anyone atending:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3986859#post3986859

So the first Tekken 6 Tournament is being pre-seeded?

• Advertisement

Seeing as they don't seem to be checking this thread anymore will someone point out to them I can't attend.

Advertisement