Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Log Basic Question

• 19-10-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

Only started getting into the running thing again the last 5 months and somebody gave me advice to start a training log.
    2 Questions....
    1) Why? apart from seeing am i getting faster? is there another reason?

2) I notice that you guys post what you train on this forum but do you track it another way?
    Basically, what way to you folks keep a log of your training? Is it on pen and paper, spreadsheets or is there some application out there that I could use?

appreciate the advice - tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

On 1) its a sharing and support network thing. On 2) I started out in Excel which I still maintain to some extent, but I also use Sporttracks (downloadable for free) as it supports my garmin data imports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

tks SJ

Ya, i can see how supportive it is to share your training and receive the feedback for the folks here.

Looked at the sportstracks website - looks good. Problem is I haven't got a sports/running watch. ...........although Santa might be good to me this year;).
    I have an iPhone and tried using iMapmyrun last night....but not finding the signal great! Its recording the time but the GPS didn't pick up the majority of my run.

Anybodyknow any other app supporting the iPhone software?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

tks SJ

Ya, i can see how supportive it is to share your training and receive the feedback for the folks here.

Looked at the sportstracks website - looks good. Problem is I haven't got a sports/running watch. ...........although Santa might be good to me this year;).
    I have an iPhone and tried using iMapmyrun last night....but not finding the signal great! Its recording the time but the GPS didn't pick up the majority of my run.

Anybodyknow any other app supporting the iPhone software?

runkeeper is probably the best of the iphone apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

sound tks asimonov

Advertisement