Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CTs @ the Dubin Paranormal Convention

• 19-10-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Shameless plug and abuse of mod power but sure its relevant! :D

Basically I'm one of the people behind this event and there are elements of it that I think will appeal to those with an interest in CTs. (Its not all about ghostbusting!).

Speakers on the day include Paul O'Connor giving a talk on Remote Viewing, Sweeps Fox on UFOs and the guys from Blather on "Blather, Rinse, Repeat': An Ethnography of Conspiracy Theory".

Paul O'Connor has worked with Lyn Buchanan, and ex-US military remote Viewer. Paul was very popular last year and really knows his stuff. Apart from his talk he will also have a stand in the exhibition centre where you can chat to him and ask him questions.

Sweeps fox is again ex-US Military and is seen as one of Irelands more knowledgeable people on all things relating to Ufology. A seriously nice guy and colourful character who you can see in this clip from the recent "Baz's Culture Clash"

Damian and Dave of Blather ..... well I've known for years that theres no way to some up these guys so I wont even try. A wicked mix or wit and wisdom with makes for a great presentation! http://www.blather.net

And to think people on here think I'm anti-CT ... and on the other hand the skeptics think I'm a loon? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does that make you an anti-loon?

Can you get tickets at the door or are you better off getting them before hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You can get tickets at the door but the talks themselves are limited to 140 seats make sure you grab a chair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

6th wrote: »
    You can get tickets at the door but the talks themselves are limited to 140 seats make sure you grab a chair!

€100 per ticket!?

The Radisson are charging you guys 14 grand to use a conference room?

Recession lads, recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Kernel wrote: »
    €100 per ticket!?

The Radisson are charging you guys 14 grand to use a conference room?

Recession lads, recession.

Huh? Tickets are €15.

*Edit: Oh wait, you're looking at the Investigation in Wicklow Gaol afterwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

6th wrote: »
    Huh? Tickets are €15.

*Edit: Oh wait, you're looking at the Investigation in Wicklow Gaol afterwards!

Oh, pardon me! For €15 I'll go! :D

Just for sweeps mind... just for sweeps. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement