Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to write in GPX file format???

Options
  • 19-10-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

We're planning a family to Disney next year, and I'd like to set up some custom POIs for my garmin sat nav. I'm thinking parks, restaurants and shopping - but - I'd like to be able to write my own GPX files, so I can include telephone numbers, parking fees, toll prices, bus stops, and general notes.

Any ideas how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Alun wrote: »

Thanks Alun, had a look at that site and found a link to a site with a lot more detail, so between the two - I'm sorted!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

mrmac wrote: »
    Thanks Alun, had a look at that site and found a link to a site with a lot more detail, so between the two - I'm sorted!

Thanks again!

Had a look at that link and was a bit taken aback at their use of a photograph of that scumbag from Limerick giving the two fingers to the camera. A bit strange, that.

http://home.comcast.net/~ghayman3/garmin.gps/page8.htm#page8text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

WOW! I hadn't got to that page, as I was going through all the custom POI stuff.
    TBH - I doubt the site owner knows the story behind the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

mrmac wrote: »
    WOW! I hadn't got to that page, as I was going through all the custom POI stuff.
    TBH - I doubt the site owner knows the story behind the picture.

I'd imagine you're right, mrmac. Hope so, anyway.

BTW, have you tried that software out? Is it any good?

• Advertisement
Advertisement