Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Origins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Kinda disapointed at the low level cap. On my 2nd playthough and
    Haven't even gone through the Alienage yet but I have gotten my main character to lvl 25

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I@ve just completed the 4 main quests and am now tying up some loose ends before proceeding.

Killed the Dragon using Kolgrim's horn fairly easily(awful loot) and will do a few more side quests and kill Morrigan's mother too before proceeding with the main quest.

Is there a special way to gte into the Alienage or does it open up with the main quest?
    have some side quests in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

jayteecork wrote: »
    Is there a special way to gte into the Alienage or does it open up with the main quest?
    have some side quests in there.
    It opens up with the main quest. After you talk to the Arl at his estate, but before the Landsmeet proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chilljuice

Hi i'm totally new to PC gaming and was just wondering if this game would run on a 1.6GHz core i7 processor? I'm clear on everything else just not the processor! Thanks for any help!

chilljuice wrote: »
    Hi i'm totally new to PC gaming and was just wondering if this game would run on a 1.6GHz core i7 processor? I'm clear on everything else just not the processor! Thanks for any help!

I seriously doubt it.

I have a e8400 2x3.0ghz with 4Gb RAM and a 9800GTX+ and I have to shut down eveyr single background application to get things running smoothly.
    (granted this is on very high settings but it's a very hungry game processor wise - it's optimized for quad core)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

Check there.
    (granted this is on very high settings but it's a very hungry game processor wise - it's optimized for quad core)

Isn't the Intel Core i7 a quad core processor?

Raphael wrote: »
    http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

Check there.

Isn't the Intel Core i7 a quad core processor?

Shows how much i know!

By the way that srtest isn't really accurate.

No, but it's about as accurate you can get without testing it, or a report from someone with the same hardware as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sn1per

i have an I7 920.its 2.6ghz.i dont think there is an I7 1.6ghz.my 920 runs evrything maxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Siegfried

How much hours takes to finish the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

On my 1st playthrough I did pretty much every quest I came across bar a few and I clocked in close to 50 hours. Its a very big game. And its gonna be evern bigger once awakening finally arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Here's a question - any advice for someone whose lost their manual? Had to reformat my hard drive a couple of times (it failed, formatted, then needed replacing) and so I've lost my save games, installs, etc, and wouldn't mind playing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mochara627

Figured there was no sense in starting a new thread for this. The expansion pack to Dragon Age: Origins has just been released, Dragon Age: Awakening.

Does anyone have it and can they tell me if it's worth buying? I loved the game and I want to buy this but 3400msp (about €30) is a tad pricy for DLC if it's not really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Personally I wouldn't get anything like that online if the offline option is available.

For example:

Play.com - €19.49
    Amazon.co.uk - £14.99

Thanks for that. Didn't realise there was an offline version avalible. Might pick it up in GameStop as there's not much difference between online prices and game shop prices.

I'd always go for offline versions where I can as I can trade it in when i'm done. Anyone else notice the 10-20 euro difference in price between PC and 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I think D.A awakening is well worth the purchase its not quite as polished as the main game but a good story and interesting charecters make up for it ...........without giving info for the love of god take one of the mage charecters i turned down 2 and there wasnt anymore in the entire game so now im stuck near the end with no mage , run out of health packs and cant go to a town to get any as im so near the end it wont let you go anywhere else :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've put in 49 hours, have completed the main starting quests (Paragon of Her Kind, etc...) so can now do the Landsmeet, some of the characters quests and most side quests, but am told I've only 31% completed....could this be correct?!!!!

That depends, even if you clear the game completely once you're still only around 50% complete as you need to go back and make the OTHER choice that you didn't make the first time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi guys, im an MMO veteran at this stage having played most on the market.
    I feel its about time i sampled some single player rpg titles.
    I suppose my interest is coming from playing torchlight and actually really enjoying the solo experience to my surprise.
    The only other single player RPGs ive played are Oblivion, [didnt like it at all] and mass effect which i really enjoyed.
    I suppose i could add borderlands to that list but not a true RPG.

I realise DAO is out some time now so i was just wondering whats the longevity of the game?
    Is it really as good a s most reviews say?
    Ill be getting the PC version btw and trying to decide on which to tackle first DAO or Mass Effect 2.

EDIT: just spent a good while watching and reading in depth reviews, ordered from play for just under 20 euros :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi guys, im an MMO veteran at this stage having played most on the market.
    I feel its about time i sampled some single player rpg titles.
    I suppose my interest is coming from playing torchlight and actually really enjoying the solo experience to my surprise.
    The only other single player RPGs ive played are Oblivion, [didnt like it at all] and mass effect which i really enjoyed.
    I suppose i could add borderlands to that list but not a true RPG.

I realise DAO is out some time now so i was just wondering whats the longevity of the game?
    Is it really as good a s most reviews say?
    Ill be getting the PC version btw and trying to decide on which to tackle first DAO or Mass Effect 2.

EDIT: just spent a good while watching and reading in depth reviews, ordered from play for just under 20 euros :)
    You cant go wrong with either game , to me personally mass effect 2 was a better game i cant think of any faults really , but its as much a shooter as a rpg these days which isnt a bad thing the game really is in a league of its own with its brilliant story. Dragon age it a brilliant more traditional rpg with a excellent story too.

• Advertisement

Cheers Outkast ,i plan on getting both over time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thelonecarrot

I bought DA:O with my ps3 some months back and have been totally unable to get into it. I've managed to get through one of the main quest sections(circle and dalish respectively) before my interest wains.

Thing is I know it's a great game. When I'm playing I am having fun but....something is missing.

Tell me, after the recruiting sections how much more of the game is there? I might be simply more annoyed by the pacing perhaps than anything else.

Its a PC game at heart tbh, a mate has it on 360 and i found it just clunky and awkward on console.
    Im enjoying the game but finding the talking to be on the tedious side.
    Im at the stage now where i want to just skip the discussions and get fighting.
    When in combat and questing away the game is awesome.
    Having good fun with my mage freezing the enemies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

Hey Lads,

Just a quick question so didn't want to start a new thread.

I have never played Dragon Age before and just got origins and the Awakenings expansion.

When i started it last night asks if i wanted to play Origins or the Awakenings.

For someone who has never played Dragon age should i start with Origins and then awakenings??.

What i need to know is if it start a new character in awakenings for the first time am i missing the all the content from origins game with all the quests/events ETC or will i still get to do all them and then move into the extra Awakenings content??.

Let me know as i finished work in a few hours and intend to start playing this game until all hours in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

You totally should play the main game before the expansion.
    Otherwise ya are missing out on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

was thinking that.

Cheer's, i'll start Origins later on, 5 hours to go!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Okay... done Mages Tower, finished Redcliffe but haven't done the Urn yet, now on elves quest. Being my first playthrough I took a shield tank, not knowing that one of my characters would be one too. Normal difficulty is barely playable, and the whole game is giving me a bad taste in my mouth...

Should I persevere? Or should I give that toon the euthanasia they wish for (and so rightly deserve :pac: ) and start a new playthrough with a Mage? If so, can anyone give me a non-spoilerific clue as to how good Arcane Warriors are and how easy is it to find a way to train it? I like the sound of it - the only melee class that's worth a damn in this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

When you say it's barely playable do you mean it's too hard??
    I found the game kinda easy on normal difficulty.

I wouldn't ditch your game, just respec your char.
    And respec all your party members. Using the chars in the crap state they are in when you get them is terrible.

Once you respec and custom your entire party I guarantee you will enjoy the game a hell of a lot.

I know awakening adding the ability to respec.
    If you haven't gotten that yet just head to the game forums and get the respec mod.

Unless he's playing on xbox/ps3, which is un-moddable.

Arcane Warrior: you get it trained in the elf quest, from a phylactery you find in a room. It's brilliant, never had a mage in one of my games i didn't give it to. I'd hold out at least until you get that, so you can have it for when you hit 7 in your next game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

just finished the orgins and expansions on nightmare. There actually wasn't . much difference between hard and nightmare modes and having two mages with Force Field made almost any encounter very easy regardless of the level. I was a little disappointed with Awakenings, it was buggy as hell and the ending was a little anti climactic.

Advertisement