Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend / Partner Visa

Options
  • 19-10-2009 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello all

My girlfriend is from China and would like to come live with me here in Ireland.We looked into getting here a study visa on a post-grad masters but it is far too expensive.

We are no looking down the road of a partner Visa.She will be living with me here in Ireland as I am an Irish citizen but we are not quite together 2 years yet as I read De-facto visa is only for 2 year couples !!!

Can anyone clarifiy the above ? Or if possible, tell me is it possible to get a partner visa ? I just need info on ways she can come to live here with me !!!

Also if you apply for a partner Visa,can you then apply for to study if she remains here ?Were not quite planning on getting married yet so that option is out !!

Sorry if this has been asked before.
    Cheers.
    Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Hi There..
    I will be straight up with you.. Its a fu**ing nightmare!! My girlfriend is Thai
    and it took me 4 months just to get her a holiday visa for a month.. Basicly
    the prople who work in the dept here do not want to do anything and will refuse her application just for the sake of it:mad:
    The ammount of documentation i had to get both from her and from me.. copy of passport.. bank statements letters of invitation copy of p60.. letters from her employer showing she has work/reason to return to Thailand..and then they send it to dublin from bangkok via kuala lumpur which takes 3 weeks then they bump into one another for a week or so and then they will prob refuse it and she will have to re appily all over again.. I had to go to my local TD to get it sorted ... If you need any help PM Me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 philo122

Oh wow,sounds like a nightmare...Im thinking of going to China for 6 months and the returning to Ireland so we will be with each other nearly a year and a half so we will then apply for tourist visa and the eventually de-facto visa once we have passed the 2 year relationship.I never knew it would be that hard,would it be simpler to maybe apply for a study visa and then De-facto when her studies finish ?

Thank you
    Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Hello Phil..
    It may be a little easyier to appily for a student visa im not sure.. but you can be assured you will have to get a truck load of paperwork showing whare she wishes to study.. waht course she plans to do.. a letter from the collage showing that she is inrolled to do that course from date to date.. copys of her passport and yours.. prob 6 months bank statements from her and you to show that she/you can support her while she is here.. log onto dept of forien affairs visa section all the info you need is there....
    Regards. Tom

Advertisement