Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread RE Mast Planning Permission in Finglas

Options
  • 19-10-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I posted a thread about 2 months ago regarding a mast that the ESB want to erect in Finglas beside Superquinn. I got a great reply from a really knowledgeable guy. Only problem is I can't find it anywhwere now. think I posted it in here.

I know the search function is down at the moment and I've used the google search associated with boards but have had no luck. Can anyone recommend anything.

i think I unsubscribed from the thread also as it's not listed in my subscribed threads. I don't think it was removed as i didn't get any warning or anything.

God bless,

Phil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Pray tell,

how did you find it? Was looking for ages and no sign of it. thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just did a search and found it. How did it work out in the end? Curious to know now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Well, a lady who's living across the way from the proposed site was collecting signatures on Sunday and she's lodging an objection on the grounds that more research needs to be carried out on the effects of these masts and the ugliness of something so large. Finglas village already looks run-down enough (which is true) and something like this would really be an eye sore. But shur there are loads of them around. Was coming into the village yesterday and I think there's a mast or some sort of communications antenna on the roof of the TBS across from The Bottom of The Hill Pub.

I spoke to a lecturer of mine and he said that common sense would tell you that they are not safe. Time will tell I rekon. 30 years time and cancer rates have gone up drastically and then it will be too late.

Advertisement