Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls and txts to Mobile

Options
  • 19-10-2009 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

I hope I'm in the right forum for this. Please move if not.

Over the past week to ten days I have been receiving phone calls from two particular numbers.

One of the numbers (+15704089838) has called my mobile about 5/6 times over the past week. Usually these calls are in the evening time. I havn't answered. Ok this is scary. As I was typing this that number called again.

I have also had one txt and one call from +34691155894. Again I didn't answer either.

Is it possible if I answer they will charge me an arm and a leg for answering. I would love to tell them where to go. I am bill pay by the way.

Anyone else receiving such calls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Check your bill or ring your phone provider might be the best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

hawker wrote: »
    I hope I'm in the right forum for this. Please move if not.

Over the past week to ten days I have been receiving phone calls from two particular numbers.

One of the numbers (+15704089838) has called my mobile about 5/6 times over the past week. Usually these calls are in the evening time. I havn't answered. Ok this is scary. As I was typing this that number called again.

I have also had one txt and one call from +34691155894. Again I didn't answer either.

Is it possible if I answer they will charge me an arm and a leg for answering. I would love to tell them where to go. I am bill pay by the way.

Anyone else receiving such calls?

carrie again - 16 Oct 2009
    i just picked up a call from this crowd who call themselves z-phone an internet provider company who are apparently trying to push their business on people. i asked where they got my number as i had multiple calls from them and i got a smart answer back saying "i'm only the sales person!". couldnt get a straight answer out of them at all so id say dont bother answering the call not worth the time
    Caller: z-phone

Second number appears to be from Bulgaria

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

One of the numbers (+15704089838) has called my mobile about 5/6 times over the past week.
    http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/0015704089838

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Country code 15 is Finland. They shouldn't be able to charge you for receiving a call, unless you accept reverse charges. Get on to Comreg about it, as they shouldn't be using your number for marketing purposes unless you've opted in to the mobile phone National Directory Database (this is an opt-out by default, so you'd need to have specifically opted in). Check your operator for your NDD status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

jor el wrote: »
    Country code 15 is Finland. They shouldn't be able to charge you for receiving a call, unless you accept reverse charges. Get on to Comreg about it, as they shouldn't be using your number for marketing purposes unless you've opted in to the mobile phone National Directory Database (this is an opt-out by default, so you'd need to have specifically opted in). Check your operator for your NDD status.
    i recently got calls from some man claiming to represent the irish heart foundation using a private who said they got my number off this national directory database, but my number has never been on the NDD as i originally opted out with eircom and vodafone say i am still opted out but they have failed to confirm this in an email?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Doroteo

One of the numbers (+15704089838) has called my mobile about 5/6 times over the past week.

In the last 4 days I've got phone calls from the same number, I answered today and they hang.
    So I have no idea who they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pablo42

I rang Vodafone about this and Comreg - apparently there's nothing anyone can do about blocking this number - unless of course you want to block all incoming calls which is not much of a help. It's definitely Finnish but I would hazard a guess part of some scam. I'd love to find out how to stop these nuisance calls coming each evening!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dub75

Guy's the first number (+15xxx) is from the USA. The second number (+346xxx) is a mobile in Spain.

I don't know where you got Finland from. The code for Finland is +358.

I'd say it's just some telemarketing company trying to sell you something.

Forgot to say you won't be charged for answering the call

Got the Finland number details from Vodafone. 1570 is a premium rate number prefix. When answered the call is a recording speaking (obviously) Finnish. :confused: You're right - no charge for receiving the call its just the nuisance of it (even more so since Vodafone & Comreg seem powerless to stop nuisance calls like this)

I think Vodafone are incorrect. 1570 is a premium rate prefix but it is followed by 6 digits. The number supplied has 7 digits after 1570. The +1 is the US 570 would be the area code and the remaining digits would be the local number.

• Advertisement

Yeah - think you're right - might have been getting the good ole fashioned customer brush off 'tell 'em anything'. Still - the calls are a pain! Anyone any ideas how to block these calls?

I don't think you can block them. Just answer the call and tell them to take you off their list....probably won't do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kgerry

I have been getting these 1570 calls also for the last 2 weeks but when I answer it just hangs up plus other various marketing calls from all kinds of Companies.
    Everybody who receive these 1570 numbers should report it to Com Reg and if they have a lot of complaints they will take some action.
    I had similar problem on my mobile 2 years ago and when I reported it to Com Reg they were already investigating it because of a lot of complaints had already come in

Advertisement