Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Print Is Out

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Huzzah!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Opinions on the latest? Was distributed yesterday, haven't seen it myself.

Main question: Does anyone think the font is too big/small? Haven't seen it on paper yet :(

Edit: I already know about the part where we're ugred ''not to walk home at night''. Like, ever.

Just got it now. Spot the boardsie on page 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I like how it focused on important things like the lack of a canteen, instead of "top 5 best movies evar!!!1!1" lists like last year... and more people seem to be reading it too because of this :) or at least those I've talked to anyway. The interviews were really good too, although i lol'd at the vegetarian recipes that included fish :D

All in all, a pretty good issue methinks.

Only one was supposed to be a veggie recipe, unlike the mag a few years ago that had ^only^ veggie ones :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

i lol'd at the vegetarian recipes that included fish :D

Sigh, you can't beat the ol' Pescetarian

2266594216_cedf63762d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Effluo wrote: »
    Sigh, you can't beat the ol' Pescetarian

2266594216_cedf63762d.jpg

how appetising :D

yup, gotta love them pescetarians. They're like the bisexuals of the food world :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

how appetising :D

yup, gotta love them pescetarians. They're like the bisexuals of the food world :pac:

Omnivores FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

It has a bloody brilliant letter about John O' Donoghue, a BRILLIANT piece on the canteen, classical music, sudoku, a Hot Chip interview (do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it now...), a good piece on education, snaps from Halloween, some good SU reports, and some sexy blokes review of a book on the Stickies.

Its rare I'd remember anything that was in The Spoke five minutes after putting it down.

I see John Hughes getting slated in an article too, great new departure. College paper should spark debate like that. People will take the paper a lot more seriously if its raising questions and not just republishing statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

+1 on that John O'D letter. Very well written.

Well done to everyone involved, progress is certainly being made!

• Advertisement

Another guy and I are working on a 'serious' article on spending that probably won't be ready until after Christmas exams, but will raise some eyebrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

john-o-donoghue.jpg

I'm really finding the photo's today

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Any chance we coulde see this issue online! It sounds like The Print is doing great things but the one thing that The Spoke has over it was that it was available online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

conf101 wrote: »
    Any chance we coulde see this issue online! It sounds like The Print is doing great things but the one thing that The Spoke has over it was that it was available online!

+1 Missed this edition of it, and really wanted to have a look. Never seem to get my own hard copy :mad:

There's a bunch on the stand in Arts block by the back door, and on the bookshelf by the newspapers in the library.

Working to get y'all a link to the pdf now...

Advertisement