Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed deadline to claim on mortgage protection

Options
  • 19-10-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all. Would like some info. Husband been unemployed for last ten months. We only realised last week that we have mortgage payment protection covering us in the event of one of us becoming unemployed. We have been paying the premiums for the last five years and never missed once. Problem is that insurance company want to be notified within 180 days of the start date of unemployment. That's passed now!:(
    Of course we're still going to send in claim form, but how strict are insurance company on deadlines? Husband still unemployed, and we need the financial help badly. Anyone any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

In similar claims I've dealt with it would appear that if they can find something in T&C's that you've broken to make any claim void then they'll use it not to honour the claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Hi Daysofyore,

if it is the same company that I have my PPI with Genworth and you received the new Terms and conditions Letter then you can still apply as those T&C do not come into force until 1st Nov, they have to give you 30 days notice to make changes, get on to them tomorrow and request a claim form and get it back to them before the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Musha wrote: »
    Hi Daysofyore,

if it is the same company that I have my PPI with Genworth and you received the new Terms and conditions Letter then you can still apply as those T&C do not come into force until 1st Nov, they have to give you 30 days notice to make changes, get on to them tomorrow and request a claim form and get it back to them before the deadline

That is not correct.

The new T&C's will have no bearing on your claim, if you have one, with that company.

Daysofyore, get in touch with your insurer, in writing(!) and lodge a claim with them. Do not speak to anyone and only deal with them in writing.

Going by what you said, it is unlikely they will honour a claim, however, you will not know until you lodge one.

Advertisement