Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned: Predicable hopeless appeal to follow.

Options
  • 19-10-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

So,

In was banned for this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62605061#post62605061

As far as I can tell, I was adding to the discussion and was taking it all in good nature.

My first post that was edited was
    Who cares?
    The second was

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ride-the-spiral View Post
    *sigh*

Charter...

I'm always correcting people on this. What's the big problem? Do they forget how o's and u's sound?
    Haha

I get a warning for that?

Allow me to explain:

My opinion is that people should be able to mispronounce it if they like.
    There are better things to worry about.
    Thus: "Who cares?"
    Quote:
    "Do they forget how o's and u's sound? "
    It's Japanese!
    Such semantics are entirely irrelevant once the meaning is understood (unless you're actually speaking Japanese of course.)

I speak Chinese, should I correct everyone who says Shanghai the way it's written in English (the way most English speakers pronounce it, presumably including yourself) instead of the way it's actually pronounced?
    No
    That would be ridiculous.
    Not to mention pompous.

But someone can pronounce a Japanese number game and suddenly they are promoter of all things Japanese?....

Please.
    My post was snipped by a moderator, this is moderation?

Okidokie then.
    Guess I'll stick to Chinese forums, where freedom of speech is (ironically) more welcome.

:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

It's quite simple, I shall explain it for you.

The Ranting & Raving forum, by it's very nature is not a place for (quote) "Good Natured" chit chat. It is a place for people to rant about anything without their thread being ruined by a counter rant.

The first rule of R&R is you either agree & support the opening rant or you do not post.

You posted a silly comment which had nothing to do with the rant so you got a warning.

You then came back to criticise my modding and post some old waffle about Chinese & Japanese pronunciation (despite my warning).

Therefore you were banned for one week.

Have a nice day :)

Advertisement