Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol tuning?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting a Wolff main spring kit for my Sig P226, has anyone fitted anything like this to there pistols, or carried out any other modifications to their pistols for that matter?

Please do not turn this into a thread on the use of modified pistols in competition, I am aware of the implications!

P.S. No posts on how "theres no point on modifiying your pistol because you wont have it much longer" there is enough doom and gloom around at the moment!

I believe that anyone who meets the requirements will be allowed to hold on to their pistols!

Think positive:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Hey Murph,

I used to have a Glock 34 to which I fitted a Wolfe reduced power firing pin spring. It greatly reduced the trigger pull weight. Word of warning though, one of my shooting buddy's made the exact same modification to his G34 and he had nothing but light strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Cheers Derek, the kit comes with three springs so I'm going to try all of them and see how it goes.

Did you do anything else to your pistol when you had it?

I had to fit a taller foresight. The lads reckon I have "special" eyes...:D

I also fitted a polished trigger bar and connector. You can go to town on trigger kits for the Glock, I'm not sure about Sig pistols. These are the guys you need to talk to:

http://www.gunshop.ie/

If its available for a Sig, they'll know about it. 100% reliable

BTW, I have a CZ 75 TS now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

What is it that you wish to change or are you just 'tinkering'?

B'Man

Thanks again Derek, did you notice much of a difference after the mods?

Where are those Gunshop lads based?

Edit: Just seen the bit about the CZ, a friend of mine has one, lovely gun!

• Advertisement

Bananaman wrote: »
    What is it that you wish to change or are you just 'tinkering'?

B'Man

Alright B'Man, bit of both I suppose!

I'd like to lighten the trigger for a start (not that its bad or anything) and I'd like to hear about any preffered mods and just generally see whats available with out going to mad!

Yeah, the trigger pull became much lighter and smoother. This in turn made my groups much tighter. Every little helps

The lads are based in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 IRL1500

Hi All,

Personally I wouldn’t get too hung up on trigger pressure. I would have thought the same a while ago, wanting to get the pressure as light as safely possible. My Sig came with a pressure of 1100grams. I had to increase it to 1600grams to conform with WA1500 rules (minimum 1589grams or 3.5 pounds).

Sure enough, at first I had a tendency to dip shots into the 8/9 at 6 o’clock when firing some of the quicker disciplines. But with practice my pistol groups and scores became better than ever with the heaver trigger.

I cannot explain exactly why this is but perhaps knowing I was dipping shots made me increase concentration and improve my trigger action.

I would be far more interested in the smoothness of the trigger. If such a thing as polished parts were available that would certainly help. No matter how much we pay for the best equipment, all machined parts come with tool marks. A good gunsmith will smooth the trigger parts without damaging the gun or affecting its safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I have a G34 - Same trigger that was in it the day it was born - not sure what the trigger pull is (about 2 inches :) ) but it gets lighter and smoother with time and wear.

Personally I was never interested in changing out parts - some guys did it as a matter of course - i just got used to what it was and worked with that.

I may need to change out the bit that makes it shoot straight though :-)

B'Man

Advertisement