Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW Price cuts

Options
  • 19-10-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Examples of price drops include € 4,160 on the 116D five door , € 7,780 on a 520d SE , € 16,030 on a 730d SE . Sunday Independant page 35 , 18th Oct 2009.

The Distributors of new cars have been ripping off the Irish Consumers for years , they can drop the prices by as much as € 16,030 on a 730d SE , and still make huge margins . Many have made hundreds of millions of Euros , while the Dealers are facing the bleakest outlook in the history of the Irish motor Industry , straddled with overpriced trade ins and glass palaces , a requirment by the Distributors .

Dealers should now look into the legalities , of S.I.M.I involvement in the Irish motor and weather the Dealers interests have been properly represented since the introduction of the VRT system , and the effects of the New Car Distributors Monopoly of the Irish Car market has had on their buisness with a view of compensation where necessary .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Ireland is one of cheapest countries in Europe to buy a car , before the tax is added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Why is it the assumption that distributors are always on the make? Surely the lead price is set by the manufacturer and works the way down.

Costs have been taken out of the motor industry in the past 2/3 years as most marques are sold direct by the manufacturer into dealers and not through distributors.

My guess is in hte industry the dealers simply told Bmw / Audi etc etc that unless the cost price to them is reduced to the level they are selling into the UK market you can kiss the sales good bye.

The manufacturers responded, first it was Mercedes, then Audi and now BMW. And now because an A4 / 180 / 3 series can be bought for €33,000, the prices of mondeos, etc will fall back too.

Advertisement