Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of a decent dog trainer or behaviorist Galway city

Options
  • 19-10-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Anyone got a recommendation for a dog trainer or behaviorist in or around Galway. Have a problem with a young dog I found a few months ago. She is terrified of other dogs and ends up getting aggresive all the time. An obedience class in this instance will not work as she is absolutely terrified when around other dogs. I am looking for someone to do some one-on-one training with us for the moment. Any input appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

hi
    i think they would charge you alot of money i think she is prob not aggressive just a very insecure dog i would also think that when you walk her you are given her nervous energy thru the lead as you are worried she might bite another dog its all about postitve energy
    i would suggest if you have access to animal planet you watch ANIMAL PLANET the dog whisper with caeser milan its great and he deals with aggressive dogs etc its very informative

just an idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

dont know any trainers,try the animals thread under rec column.mayb try introduce dog to other calmer dogs and gradually dog will b more trusting,the less dogs it meets the more aggressive it will become.good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Have a look here - http://www.galwaydogclub.com/
    There's a phone number there for Mike O'Brien.
    If he can't help himself, he'll know someone who will.
    He's sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

I've tamed a number of wild dogs I've found in various places like Quay St, Halo and Buskers!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    I've tamed a number of wild dogs I've found in various places like Quay St, Halo and Buskers!

did you drop them back to the pound when you were done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC->Animals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ruben

Westdogtraining@gmail.com may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

hi

try Madra dog rescue in connemara www.madra.ie they do training as well. They will sort it out for you.

Advertisement