Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve Kilkenny/Carlow

Options
  • 19-10-2009 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,
    I'm trying to arrange NYE celebrations for 3 couples. Location will be Kilkenny/Carlow area. Ideally I'd like to hire a nice old house for a few days and bring the kids along, but I have been looking on the internet and can't find any suitable houses. Last resort will be to leave kids at home and go to a New Years Eve Ball.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

bongo2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm trying to arrange NYE celebrations for 3 couples. Location will be Kilkenny/Carlow area. Ideally I'd like to hire a nice old house for a few days and bring the kids along, but I have been looking on the internet and can't find any suitable houses. Last resort will be to leave kids at home and go to a New Years Eve Ball.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Thanks

There's a nice big old refurbished guest house on the road up to the nine stones on Mt Leinster. Really nice views etc.

Don't know the name of the owner or contact details though.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Try Clomantagh castle, looks amazing!

back-of-castle.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    There's a nice big old refurbished guest house on the road up to the nine stones on Mt Leinster. Really nice views etc.

Don't know the name of the owner or contact details though.
    Hardly that Moon Gate place on the L.H.S. on way-up with stone-work & cladding & electric (brown?) gates is it?
    I were on the Website & they do 360-Degree Turns on it. Or views. It's quite something to behold in fairness.
    Other Period-Guest-Houses etc. should take note.
    Borris House do S.C.Cottages afaik. Give me a PM for the No. as I don't want to be seen to be advertising which I am not.
    On Graiguenamanagh Rd. to Borris (or Borris Road to Graiguenamanagh, although it is commonly refered localy to as Top Road to Graig) there are Kilkenny Holiday Homes (think that's exact name) which are Self-Catering also. A car is a must though as, although on a main-enough road, they are a trek from both Villages. Liam Carroll & Zoe developed them afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bongo2

Thank you for your suggestions. Clomantagh castle is already booked for NYE. The Moongate place looks perfect and I have emailed them to see if it is available.

Advertisement