Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

time to stop lurking and show some photos for c&c.

• 19-10-2009 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi folks. I think its time i started posting a few photos for c&c. I have been using this forum for over a year now, think its fantastic. I have picked up alot of tips from looking at all your work so i feel i should post a few pic's for your opinion. All comment welcome. 4026169887_aef89bf516.jpg

4026921492_627da32a99.jpg

4026924510_7c2fe34fac.jpg

4026167779_f461898d15.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dakota2

I am having problems attaching the photo. Is it as simple as copying and pasting the url or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

It should be in the following form...

[img]http://url.com/name.jpg[ /img] Just remove the space there in the [ /img][/img]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Or have a look here, if you have them on flickr or pix.ie.

Thanks.
    But im still having no luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Get the link to your image on the net ( must be a .jpg or similar not a site link) Right click on image... go to properties and highlight image name.

Click the image icon on top (it's like a mountain )
    Copy and paste image

Done ...

Got it thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Dakota I love them, especially the first one, this is not my forte but I delight in other peoples work in this area, absolutely beautiful and thankfully no spiders.

My favourite would be both the first one and the last one, my only thing to say really is on the first one I think the butterfly is too far to the left, for my eye anyway, as I am just drawn to the stem in the centre so for me I'd put a little crop on it taking away a slight amount at the top and the right, however that is just my view if it is perfect to your eye then leave as is. Well done.

Cheers. I will have a mess around with it. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I also like the first & last images, more so the first one.

Generally the subject should be facing into the frame. I also feel the DoF is too narrow & so not enough of the subject is sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Hey Dakota2,
    congrats for taking and posting some stuff.

I like the last one actually. The colour of the leaf is nice, and the sky is a lovely blue. I'm thinking maybe it would work better if you were angled so that it was a plain blue background (ie take the clutter from the rest of the plant out of the frame).

Just a thought.

thanks for all the replies folks ill have to get back out and try again

Advertisement