Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Time to Gloat

Options
  • 19-10-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Thought I better start up a new thread for this.

On another note, saw this in my friendly with Wandering Wanderers
    Oh, we have a streaker. Big, hairy and ugly. That one must have escaped from the zoo. OH!! Big hit by that security lady. He's not going to get up from that. There's a great applause coming from the crowd as security literally drags the guy off the field.

classic haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

How do you guys feel about your opening league games this weekend ?

I am away to a team that outstrips me everywhere. (even though I am ranked above them officially). Not sure of how I am going to play it, might play for the extra CSR.

I mightn't be gloating so much this season !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Pretty sure my moments if gloating about wins will be few and far between this year. My focus will be on bringing on youth players... am going for the full investment to try and create some homegrown talent. Trying out a few players in alternative positions and want to get my bank balance back in line. So I think my gloating will be about those things rather than winning matches.

My first match is away to Cheinster (Orizio's team I think) and am expecting something of a hiding tbh. Am gonna target the home matches I think I can win along with a few away matches to avoid relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

My first league match will be handy enough i think. the other teams csr is fairly low. Only 2 player with 13k and the rest all below 10k. Other than that though i reckon it will be a hard enough season. No bots my my league this time either so no easy matches.

The Cup starts tonight.... have a relatively comfortable draw tonight and expect to get through it comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm The Ironsides, Chienster is managed by FloppyKid, who posts regurly on Planet Rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Should have WNWIM. hammering them, bit of a waste

[URL="javascript:playerClick(2550438);"]Tomlinson[/URL] looks back and taunts [URL="javascript:teamClick(45201,'IE');"]Holycross Raiders[/URL], holding the ball out towards them in one hand! The ball's come loose and bounced forwards. Incredible!! Well, I guess there was more than an element of 'just desserts' there!

This guy is up for sale if anyone is interested lol

Absolutely slaugthered some crap bot team in the first round playing WNWIM 98-0! Outhalf missed conversion to make it the full century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

95-7 against some ****e bot team. I was watching it live for most of it... didn't notice the 7 til I got home... raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

50-7 against a bot team. Not a good performance to be honest especially in the 2nd half (it was about 40-0 at half time) far too many knock-ons, penalties and other mistakes.

Got another bot team in the next round though so all is well on the cup front.

• Advertisement

mar-z wrote: »
    50-7 against a bot team. Not a good performance to be honest especially in the 2nd half (it was about 40-0 at half time) far too many knock-ons, penalties and other mistakes.

Got another bot team in the next round though so all is well on the cup front.

You have to earn that ranking old boy, earn it... cause I'm watching! :cool:

You have to earn that ranking old boy, earn it... cause I'm watching! :cool:

Thats the downside of playing a bot there is no rating change. On the plus side an easy match playing wnwim for some good ol' in-game training.

mar-z wrote: »
    Thats the downside of playing a bot there is no rating change. On the plus side an easy match playing wnwim for some good ol' in-game training.

I also have a bot in the next round, but I reckon I'll play normal... no way am I going to fluff the cup just because I got a freakishly decent bot team

I also have a bot in the next round, but I reckon I'll play normal... no way am I going to fluff the cup just because I got a freakishly decent bot team

You'll never lose to a bot whatever you do, always play WNWIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Orizio wrote: »

Although the national U20s team is a bot atm.:D

;)

Good Luck to all concerned today.

First game of the season and I already feel like I have to LTNT to get anything out of it !!

I know the feeling jp.... good luck to you too

Feeling about ready to give up at this stage. I'm playing against a pretty terrible division 3 team, LTNT incase there's any surprises... and it's way too close for my liking. He has terrible players and I'm strugglin at the mo.

Well that was some welcome to division III.

Went down 36-9.

They are a far superior team there is no doubt, I just hoped that he wouldn't LTNT but he did.

Should be easier next week ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

just beat the team who finished 2nd in my division last season - a good start :)

• Advertisement

Right, so I won 32 - 15 ... but I'm not happy about it. Have they seriously increased the home advantage yoke or wuh? This lad's team should easily have gone down to my LTNT might! My plan was to absolutely destroy the chap to give me some sort of point advantage come relegation time, but gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Won 32 - 3. I played on normal intensity, I well should have WNWIM'd and got some extra training but hindsight is 20:20 and all that

Won. :cool:

Unlucky Munster Mark II and JP, going to be a fun year right? :D

Won my first match in div 3 there fairly comfortably 14-41 playing on normal intensity. They were the 7th ranked team in the league though. Next league match is against fellow boardsie Forze Juve

Orizio wrote: »

Even if you play your reserves team?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Division 3 is gonna be a bitch! Lost to kinsale rfc 27-11 or something and i TNT'D his ass!

Oh well at least i have a bot in the next round of the cup!

Beat Musicboxers 10-20. I LTNT'd and I'm petty certain he did too. He didn't play his 3 highest csr players (one was injured) but his team still had a higher csr than mine so I'm delighted with the win.

Result also means I've leapfrogged him to 5th in my league's rankings :)

suppafly wrote: »
    Even if you play your reserves team?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Won my first match in the 3rd division today 21-20. Drop goal in the last minute to grab victory! Team I beat was far better on paper but I played LTNT and went aggressive to introduce myself to the league and it worked!:p

I'll probably get hockeyed next week:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Won my first match in the 3rd division today 21-20. Drop goal in the last minute to grab victory! Team I beat was far better on paper but I played LTNT and went aggressive to introduce myself to the league and it worked!:p

I'll probably get hockeyed next week:rolleyes:

Thats a good win, Keep Trying RFC are pretty strong.

Advertisement