Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

mar-z wrote: »
    Beat Musicboxers 10-20. I LTNT'd and I'm petty certain he did too. He didn't play his 3 highest csr players (one was injured) but his team still had a higher csr than mine so I'm delighted with the win.

Result also means I've leapfrogged him to 5th in my league's rankings :)

This sort of shiz is going to make the boards cup quite interesting... for example I'm not only against bogwarriors in the league but also in the cup. Now that there's a load of us boards chaps lobbed together it's gonna be full on! Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Orizio wrote: »
    Won. :cool:

Unlucky Munster Mark II and JP, going to be a fun year right? :D

Yeah, it's gonna be a fun season alright.

The team I played are way better and I felt like playing WNWIM to get the CSR boost, but I couldn't resist the temptation to "have a go" !!

They were a full 100k better off in CSR than my team.

That was a tough opener right there ! :D

Cody1, want to swap notes ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I was just reviewing my game now.

Just before the deadline, I decided to play with normal discipline instead of By the Book.

Just had a look at my lineup and I have discovered that I actually changed the INTENSITY to normal. No wonder I got murdered !!

What a really bad mistake to make. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Won. :cool:

Unlucky Munster Mark II and JP, going to be a fun year right? :D

Not sure being on the end of a 53-6 defeat can be called unlucky lol. Took quite a hiding and no one really played too well. Gonna be a long season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

jprender wrote: »
    I was just reviewing my game now.

Just before the deadline, I decided to play with normal discipline instead of By the Book.

I always leave my discipline setting on normal. Is it better to put it on 'By the book' or does it really make much of a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Thats a good win, Keep Trying RFC are pretty strong.

keep trying eh :o

i got a nice win on them in last seasons semi final even the their a fair bit better than team

i guess your team is the wandering wanderers, ill look forward to our match next month

oh im gideons btw:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

suppafly wrote: »
    I always leave my discipline setting on normal. Is it better to put it on 'By the book' or does it really make much of a difference?
    I generally play 'by the book', because at 'normal' the number of turnovers won does not compensate for the number of extra penalties conceded.

Of course, your mileage may vary depending on your pack's technique and discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I was away for this week completly forgot about the matches...so played full team at NWIM but sure won cup match 92-0 and lost 9-7 in the league...onwards and upwards!

I shall be paying attention from now on...also I have accepted my Boards cup matches!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

jprender wrote: »
    Yeah, it's gonna be a fun season alright.

The team I played are way better and I felt like playing WNWIM to get the CSR boost, but I couldn't resist the temptation to "have a go" !!

They were a full 100k better off in CSR than my team.

That was a tough opener right there ! :D

Cody1, want to swap notes ? ;)

I played LTNT and Agressive intensity and I'm pretty sure it made the difference. I had 2 drop goal attempts in the last ten minutes of the game knowing i only needed 3 points to win. I have never used aggressive intensity but have never seen a drop goal attempt in my matches either.

Next week shouldn't be so hard so I'm going to play normal and by the book again, but I am hounding the transfer market at the moment cos i have a bit of cash and i need to build my CSR aspecially in the pack.

Been looking through matches played while away - my outside centre got 6 tries in the cup match during the week!:eek: anyone else ever got a player getting an unreal amount of tries in one match like that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Gave A Lovely Bunch Altogether and The Cantankerous Gnomes a bit of a lesson. Sorry lads, hopefully you'll have learned a thing or two about Blackout Rugby though...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I can't understand how I lost on sat. I put out my full team TNT against a weaker team missing their best player and lost!!!:mad:

Ah well, first league loss in over a season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Some annoying bugger just beat me in a friendly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Gave A Lovely Bunch Altogether and The Cantankerous Gnomes a bit of a lesson. Sorry lads, hopefully you'll have learned a thing or two about Blackout Rugby though...:D

The Gnomes shall look forward to our league match, that being the real deal!:cool:

Oh ye, whats the deal with all the flippin injuries when playing wnwim?? Lost my srum half after 6 minutes!!!

JohnButler wrote: »
    The Gnomes shall look forward to our league match, that being the real deal!:cool:

Oh ye, whats the deal with all the flippin injuries when playing wnwim?? Lost my srum half after 6 minutes!!!

I have the same thing but my subs always play class despite being crappy players

Strange carry on!

Does anyone have any out and out speed merchants in their squads? Im lacking a speedy back at the moment and im having trouble obtaining one!

Just put a winger with a speed rating of 9 up for sale. If that's fast enough for you JB his name is Arnie Usher

My 2nd center has 12 speed but you ain't getting him. I'll stick his stats up in the other thread in a minute :D

ajeffares wrote: »
    My 2nd center has 12 speed but you ain't getting him. I'll stick his stats up in the other thread in a minute :D

12? Fastest I have in my team is a winger with 10. :(

12? Fastest I have in my team is a winger with 10. :(

The rest of his stats are on the other thread

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    The rest of his stats are on the other thread

Madre de Dios that's a bit better than anything I have.

Would a player that fast be better on the wing or at 10?

I get a lot of tries from 13 too though in fairness. With a similar but shítter player. :p

Cup match v bot. Won 45-0. I'm very happy as it was a B team WNWIM. (And Lavis got 2 tries[and yes I know it was a B team but Lavis plays every game])

Through to round 3 unscathed, fingers crossed I'll get a decent draw again in the next round.

As an aside I liked your write up on Div III.I jp.... well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

hockeyed some crap bot team again 72-5. Well happy as it was my team playing WNWIM. Was just reviewing the match there and and saw this

"I didn't see anything but he is feeling around his mouth a bit gingerly! MacLeod is going to take his place as MacMenemin is leaving the field... wait a moment, did MacMenemin just wink to the Rebels sideline as he was coming off??!"

Soo dodgy but fairly funny that they are taking a poke a harlequins there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Comfortably through against the bot, my only worry was my starting center and his replacement (who is my usual starting fullback) both went off injured, but after an anxious wait for the match summary they will recover for the next match.

Got as far as seeing I got another division III team the ITG before blackout went down so I've no idea how our squads compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Just back up now that I check again (it only went down for me for about 10mins). The itg csr are similar so it will be a close game if neither of us LTNT.

Now the decision: LTNT in league or cup?

mar-z wrote: »
    Comfortably through against the bot, my only worry was my starting center and his replacement (who is my usual starting fullback) both went off injured, but after an anxious wait for the match summary they will recover for the next match.

Got as far as seeing I got another division III team the ITG before blackout went down so I've no idea how our squads compare.

I played 'The ITG' in a friendly but I beat them on normal I am pretty sure (can't check as in work!), so they are a team promoted to Div III so wont be one of the top teams and you should get a win out of them!;) I'll look later and report back the intensity and score to give you an idea. ok won 17-3 on normal intensity and about two thirds of 1st team.

I won last night 64 - 0 against bot team @ NWIM and about half the regulars missing or in different positions, happy with that! up against a divsion I team :( there ends my cup run.

I'm playing an okish div IV team in the cup next week. I'm pretty sure they will TNT and I'm wondering if normal will be enough. I want to do well in the cup but I'm struggling in the league. :confused: I'm away so I might TNT

Actually its ok, I just realised my next match is v a bot so I can tnt in the cup

• Advertisement

MotherF****r!! My next cup match is against a division 2 team. Stones to it anyway. I was hoping for a half decent cup run!! F**k it!:mad::mad:

Advertisement