Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

John and MMII, shall we have a WNWIM agreement for our league games this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Orizio wrote: »
    John and MMII, shall we have a WNWIM agreement for our league games this year?

Ye cool, i would be on for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

JohnButler wrote: »
    MotherF****r!! My next cup match is against a division 2 team. Stones to it anyway. I was hoping for a half decent cup run!! F**k it!:mad::mad:

ffs i got a Division 2 team as well :( Ohwell i suppose i can concentrate on the league and the boards cup now instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I got a division 4 team for my next cup match. I'd be disappointed if I lost to the lad.

Stupidly went away and didn't change any settings... normal for two unimportant matches = ****e LTNT :( Also, for some reason my scrum half was injured and replaced by some random back. Not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

JohnButler wrote: »
    Ye cool, i would be on for that.

Works for me too.... but please remind me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

eoferrall wrote: »
    ok won 17-3 on normal intensity and about two thirds of 1st team.

Cool, I think I'll be saving my LTNT for the league and hope my slightly better csr and home advantage will be enough if they play ltnt.

Ok, regarding the three way WNWIM agreement myself, JohnButler and MMII, I think we should agree to remind each other through here or Blackout Rugby (private message, not visitor) a few days prior to the match.

Losing 0-21 at the mo to Forze Juve after 35min. His team does have a better csr but i thought it would be a closer match than this. I have them playing LTNT too

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Went LTNT against a team with greater CSR in my league. Figured I might aswell as the team Im playing in the cup have a far superior CSR.

Won 16 - 7. Pretty happy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Good win today against The Rebels. Thought it would be a lot closer too. My openside might have a future at inside centre.

• Advertisement

Just beat the strongest team in Division Three. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

But you werent playing me Orizio.:D

Bet that Vitamin G crowd so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

top of div 3, oh yeah!! already my league is divided between top 4 and bottom 4 battle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Won 65-7. That puts me 4th. GET IN THERE:D

Won 35-5 and got my bonus point this week. 2nd in the table and after the first two games moved from 6th to 3rd in league rankings :D

Looking like a very close league though with 6 teams having a win so far.

Congrats Blendage on a great win as well, Stab County are off the mark!

corny wrote: »
    Good win today against The Rebels. Thought it would be a lot closer too.

Ya i dunno how my team lost so badly like. The Rating both are teams got were pretty similar?

Both my props got injured in the match too :(. Thankfully one is only out a few days, the other is out for a little over 2 weeks. He got injured in the last play of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I'm confused...did you not beat me...or you got two teams?! ;)

But i thought our match was actually good game...damn your defense though! 4 breaks and 3 tries...me not so clinical! :(

Congrats! My aim is a respectable mid table finish and strengthen team (and finances!)

Bah! I got destroyed 22 - 45 ! The team were at least double my CSR mostly, but I think my ****-up may have been in my tactics...

... I saw it was torrential rain everywhere so I tried my best to keep it in tight and avoid kicking, but then on the summary it said the weather was perfect! Da ****?! We were playing in my home stadium and damn it sir I can tell you that it should have been a swimming pool. Damn. I genuinely thought with a bit of LTNT, good tactics and home advantage I could take the guy.

Good news though... I'm finally back in the black financially! Hurray!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm well on top of my league after two games. :)

I'm well on top of my league after two games. :)

Div IV?

• Advertisement

A second successive loss for me this week. Am struglling in this league big time.... my guys have no where near the CSR rating I need to compete. Oh well avoiding relegation is gonna make it a long season.

The positives this week for me were
    1. only being beaten by 10 points by the league leaders
    2. winning my first junior match in ages (I've started to invest 50k into my academy)
    3. selling a player I brought last year for 9k (and hardly used) for 55k... couldn't believe it!

So my mantra remains avoid relegation (somehow!), develop new players and sort out my finances.

A second successive loss for me this week. Am struglling in this league big time.... my guys have no where near the CSR rating I need to compete. Oh well avoiding relegation is gonna make it a long season.

The positives this week for me were
    1. only being beaten by 10 points by the league leaders
    2. winning my first junior match in ages (I've started to invest 50k into my academy)
    3. selling a player I brought last year for 9k (and hardly used) for 55k... couldn't believe it!

So my mantra remains avoid relegation (somehow!), develop new players and sort out my finances.

Ah I reckon you'll be grrrrrand. Just pick your battles wisely. Plus with the added Div 3 income you should be able to build up some cash to invest in even better players and then sell off the older ones etc.

Nah MMII is pretty screwed. Very unlucky to end up in such a brutal group. Possibly its best to play league every game WNWIM, concentrate on the cup and think long term?

Bah! I got destroyed 22 - 45 ! The team were at least double my CSR mostly, but I think my ****-up may have been in my tactics...

... I saw it was torrential rain everywhere so I tried my best to keep it in tight and avoid kicking, but then on the summary it said the weather was perfect! Da ****?! We were playing in my home stadium and damn it sir I can tell you that it should have been a swimming pool. Damn. I genuinely thought with a bit of LTNT, good tactics and home advantage I could take the guy.

U faired better than me. I played forze juve and steam rolled 3-38 for some reason and i was even at home and LTNTing!?! I figured he would win but not by that much. I really don't understand how that match engine works. The reporter summary the teams ratings were pretty much the same too He has a number of players better than mine but not loads
    Good news though... I'm finally back in the black financially! Hurray!

:pac:

Ya me too. My expanded stadium is bringing in more much needed cash :)

Ah I reckon you'll be grrrrrand. Just pick your battles wisely. Plus with the added Div 3 income you should be able to build up some cash to invest in even better players and then sell off the older ones etc.

Not so sure Frankie... it's a tough group as Orizio says, if I pull off a miracle and avoid relegation this season I'll end up in the same boat next season. Am seriously outclassed.
    Nah MMII is pretty screwed. Very unlucky to end up in such a brutal group. Possibly its best to play league every game WNWIM, concentrate on the cup and think long term?

Interesting idea... cos this will build my in-game training? Still don't know if I could just roll over though. Does the revenue from the cup matches increase with the number of games played or it it consistent throughout?

Have a few days before I decide I guess, gonna have a think about what I need to do to stay up and whether or not it's doable. Does make a change on a Sat wondering how the game went instead of being fairly assured of securing a BP winb and just wondering by how much!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

mar-z wrote: »
    Won 35-5 and got my bonus point this week. 2nd in the table and after the first two games moved from 6th to 3rd in league rankings :D

Looking like a very close league though with 6 teams having a win so far.

Congrats Blendage on a great win as well, Stab County are off the mark!

Thanks mar-z, that win was needed.

You are already placing a claim to a top four place with your strong start.
    Interested to see if you can take The Hookers in your next game.

Blendage wrote: »
    You are already placing a claim to a top four place with your strong start. Interested to see if you can take The Hookers in your next game.

I don't think I will, its been a good start but I'm picking and choosing my battles this season.

I'm not sure that I can beat The Hookers away from home even with LTNT so think I'll be playing normal to maintain my LTNT and get my energy back up.

Thats the attitude!;)

Oh I always forget who has what team... poor poor Munstermark 2, ye came so far and a dee daa daa, ladadee da deee da zu za la la (that's my Take That impression.) (just so ya know) (ho ho)

I still think a bit of psychology can take ya a long way. If you get a rep of being a WNWIM hoor, then a team that should be playing you at normal may knock it down to WNWIM thinking you'll do the same and then POW here comes the LTNT train! Yowza!

• Advertisement

Not so sure Frankie... it's a tough group as Orizio says, if I pull off a miracle and avoid relegation this season I'll end up in the same boat next season. Am seriously outclassed.

Interesting idea... cos this will build my in-game training? Still don't know if I could just roll over though. Does the revenue from the cup matches increase with the number of games played or it it consistent throughout?

Have a few days before I decide I guess, gonna have a think about what I need to do to stay up and whether or not it's doable. Does make a change on a Sat wondering how the game went instead of being fairly assured of securing a BP winb and just wondering by how much!

Yes. I'd suggest mixing WNWIM and LTNT for the first half of the season, and see how you do.

Realistically though, it will take you (and me) years to get out of this league.

Advertisement