Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Ah III.1 I had a mate in that league last season. He gave up and played WNWIM every match. He's now in Div IV, but next season he will be back up into Div III again. I think thats the best way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

ajeffares wrote: »
    Ah III.1 I had a mate in that league last season. He gave up and played WNWIM every match. He's now in Div IV, but next season he will be back up into Div III again. I think thats the best way to go

Who was this again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Are these insane-o leagues an argument for not busting a nut with the promotion tables? Far as I can see the top team in Div IV will be lumped in with the previous top teams in Div IV and so on.
    I dunno if this logic works because I came 3rd and don't have an impossible league... though by the ratings I am the 2nd worst. I figure if you can beat your fellow Div IV promotion kid twice (no chance for me and the Borriors) and then scab a win off some other hoor, well, sure ya should be grrrrrrand. :)

Stay cheery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Won both games. MMII, EoFarrell and JohnButler had no such luck however. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Lost 27-14 against a much better team away from home. Delighted considering I was 27-0 down after 30 mins.

Happy enough to get that game out of the way to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I won!!! I beat Former league leader Darren Cave 6-17 away from home. He has far better CSR than me. Has like 6 player 35k+. i LTNTed him and played aggressive discipline and put my tactics on more expansive creative play. Suppose it must have worked as I got creamed by Forze Juve last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    Won both games. MMII, EoFarrell and JohnButler had no such luck however. :p

Ah i pretty much threw that one...played normal or WNWIm (not sure as was away for weekend and cant remember...but didnt want to lTNT.. i want to target games and the leader is not someone to target! I'm hoping to finish a little higher than 3rd last though!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Played WNWIM and got rightly hammered as anticipated. Think I'll be propping up the table this year so gonna focus on the cup (if I can) and training as much as possible. Be back in 2 seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

suppafly wrote: »
    I won!!! I beat Former league leader Darren Cave 6-17 away from home. He has far better CSR than me. Has like 6 player 35k+. i LTNTed him and played aggressive discipline and put my tactics on more expansive creative play. Suppose it must have worked as I got creamed by Forze Juve last week

Great result. I thought he'd be invincible this season with the side he has. Wide open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm up to 3rd in my league, so doing well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I just got smashed by a team with much worse players than me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Lost away to a team that is about even with my team, 28 - 11.
    Disappointing considering I went LTNT, it will be tough to keep out of the bottom 2!

Lost 51-0 against the team I reckon will most likely win my league. I had a complete 2nd string team out playing on below LTNT (can't remember if it was normal or WNWIM) ... at least the main boys are a bit more rested anyhows for the cup.

So... whose making a profit yet!?!? made a profit the last few weeks on weeks with no home games! :D so 3rd season and making a profit both weeks. (can i say 2nd as started over halfway through first then last one full season and now...)

so just thought I would come on here and gloat... (isn't that what the thread is for?!)

eoferrall wrote: »
    So... whose making a profit yet!?!? made a profit the last few weeks on weeks with no home games! :D so 3rd season and making a profit both weeks. (can i say 2nd as started over halfway through first then last one full season and now...)

so just thought I would come on here and gloat... (isn't that what the thread is for?!)

Is that just from capacity etc? But no, wait, that'd make no sense if you didn't have a home game... so how ya doin' it eh?

Profit sharing from cup matches. I was making a tidy profit too so I decided to invest in some more seats in my stadium again. Push it up to 7700. Should be ready near the end of the month and will bring me in loads more dosh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Making a tidy profit here also.

I break even with away weekends and make a profit of 80k for home games.

Just expanded to 8000 which will be ready for the visit of the Wanderers in a little over 2 weeks time.
    That will bump my home profit to over 110k for every game.

These figs don't include any profit share from Cup matches.

The 110k profit will soon be wiped out though as I start 50k investment in week 9.
    I'll only be turning a profit of 10k every two weeks then :(

Still, I have a healthy bank balance at the moment, and an auction for a player I am selling ends this morning. The current bid is 500k if any of you are interested in taking him.

Is that just from capacity etc? But no, wait, that'd make no sense if you didn't have a home game... so how ya doin' it eh?
    wage control i guess, bank interest and sponsorship cover my expenses, so match revenue is pur profit for expansion\purchases. i am at 5k ya investment and i a couple of wks am planning to boost2 50k same as jprender above...make about 100k frm matches so need to increase first;)

jprender wrote: »
    Still, I have a healthy bank balance at the moment, and an auction for a player I am selling ends this morning. The current bid is 500k if any of you are interested in taking him.

jesus that some return for a player you bought for 21k! Did you give him the 10 training sessions a week to get him up to 30k CSR. Also thats some amount of money thats being bit on him! Your going to be well in the money when the sale comes through! How has it got that high like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I trained him pretty hard on and off. He really hasn't fit into my team for a while now, my front row is too short for him and his reckless discipline was killing me in the backrow. Played around with converting him to a centre but it just wasn't working. He just missed out on being called up to the U19 Irish side and that was the clincher as far as selling him went. I reckon if trained properly for the rest of the season, he will be called up then by Stevo. I knew he would get a pretty penny on the market with 12 technique and 12 handling. A ready made hooker for some team. I tried to sell him a couple of months ago and couldn't get anyone to bite at 200k. Just sold him for 585k now. That puts my bank balance well up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I just got smashed by a team with much worse players than me. :(

Oi.. My team is'nt THAT bad :p

I was actually expecting that score to be the other way areound tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Oi.. My team is'nt THAT bad :p

I was actually expecting that score to be the other way areound tbh...

Heh, first time I'm in here since then and I see this.

Damn.

:pac:

Crap i pure forgot to set my team and now there i have a tiny youth player that I promoted awhile ago in as it randomly put him in for some reason after my prop was injured last match! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

The Gnomes 27 Cheinster 3!!

28/11/09 mark it in your diaries lady and gentlemen. This shall be the day the Ironsides will be taken down a peg or two.

Im coming for you Orizio :cool:

Oh flip it, we have a WNWIM agreement dont we? Nevertheless, judgement day!!

Ashmaster's Crew smashed me 54-7. I also have yet another first team player with a prolonged injury. Not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

:D Won 34 - 13 against Scorthy. Im pretty happy, topping my group

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Had a unexpected win against a much better team, 23-21 :D
    Nervous finish with the last score of the game happening at the 53 minute.

Now out of the bottom two but tough tough game this weekend taking on mar-z! I am going to be destroyed!

Blendage wrote: »

Now out of the bottom two but tough tough game this weekend taking on mar-z! I am going to be destroyed!

Ah you'll be grand, Mar-z is alllllll talk. And quiche.

Blendage wrote: »

It was a very good win alright, and looked to be a nervewracking finish.

As for our match I'm not as confident for my team as you seem to be, your team has the slightly better csr anyway and two forwards and my starting kicker are out injured.
    Ah you'll be grand, Mar-z is alllllll talk. And quiche.

Chicken actually Frankie.

• Advertisement

As for my match got a bonus point victory 35-5 against the team that are suprisingly (to me anyway) in the bottom two after the first four games.

It had it's cost though as 3 went off injured and all are out of the crunch boards derby between Stab County and Grubber RFC and one is out until late December.

Advertisement