Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Wooooo!!!! moved into 4th place! bring on surviving in DIV III! booom!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

suppafly wrote: »
    Ya I'm fairly annoyed about the amount of injuries that r happening recently. Have they change the match engine to make it that way. I went through the past 2 seasons without a single injury and now this season only a few weeks in an i've had 4 long term injuries. 3 of which were my first choice front row! In the match today i had 3 injuries that causes players to be replaced. I don't think they are long term injuries though thank god! As one of them is my backup prop!

Just found out that i have another player injured from that match. Seriously wtf have they done to the system as it seems to be making players getting injured all the time now in every match!
    The change was made in the middle of last season. I have yet to be badly affected, fortunately. I think it's good - real teams tend to have a quarter of their squad out injured at any given time. Only right that this is a factor in the fantasy game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

JohnButler wrote: »
    Also good win for Munster Mark II. Delighted ye got yer first win.

Cheers John, just back from yesterdays (complete with hangover) and went on to see how much I had been beaten by.... can't believe I've won :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Cheers John, just back from yesterdays (complete with hangover) and went on to see how much I had been beaten by.... can't believe I've won :D

I told you there was hope.

Now, if only I can hold the same hope for my own chances :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Won 17-34 and am 3rd in the league, 15 points clear of 5th place. So play-off place hopes are on the up although its early in the season to be overly confident. :D

Now if I can somehow sneak a victory against 1st place who are on maximum points next weekend.......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

mar-z wrote: »
    Won 17-34 and am 3rd in the league, 15 points clear of 5th place. So play-off place hopes are on the up although its early in the season to be overly confident. :D

Now if I can somehow sneak a victory against 1st place who are on maximum points next weekend.......:rolleyes:

I have faith in you sir, I have faith!

Next weekend I have Bogwarriors.... so yet another one chalked up for a loss. Waiting for the excitement of playing the 8th place team the following week :)

Next weekend I have Bogwarriors.... so yet another one chalked up for a loss. Waiting for the excitement of playing the 8th place team the following week :)
    Speaking of which, how do you feel about wnwim at the weekend? I won't be the least bit upset if you want to say no - it would probably suit me better than it would you.

JohnButler you on for WNWIM at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

JohnButler you on for WNWIM at the weekend?

Am indeed Dreamer. I'm hoping to prevent you gaining any sort of winning streak! ;)
    But ye im all on for WNWIM.

Speaking of which, how do you feel about wnwim at the weekend? I won't be the least bit upset if you want to say no - it would probably suit me better than it would you.

Yeah that sounds good to me. I'm trying to sneak an aul LTNT win from one of the big fish, but me thinks that big fish will nay be you... so WNWIM it is. :)

• Advertisement

Raging - Best player down twice in first 15mins... second time he was taken off... had already scored also.

hoping for a win at WNWIM (first one in div 3!!) stupid injuries! we should have a giving out/spouting general thread!

This team is dorty! eye gouging out now!!
    Everyone Likes A Tryer hit the ruck hard, what's happened here?.... A Triers player spins out of that ruck rubbing his eyes, and the Triers forwards are pointing angrily at MacCunnen. Was that an eye-gouge? The ref blows up and is indicating foul play - MacCunnen is getting a very stern lecture! His head is hanging low, he looks like a sinner at confession-time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

made some tactical changes against a team I should beat easily - and they are all over me!

oops :)

Yikes. 28-0 up with four tries in the bag at half time.
    My sympathies frankie. We'll have a word with the ref - no need for injury time in the second half.

Both delighted with how close my team game and gutted with losing my game in the 77th minute.

Lost 16-17 with a late converted try. They deserved it as they missed like 4 penalties and 3 drop goals and were in control but so close. On the plus I'm the first to deny them bonus point and got one myself. All the happier as was playing on normal and my best player is out injured.

Yikes. 28-0 up with four tries in the bag at half time.
    My sympathies frankie. We'll have a word with the ref - no need for injury time in the second half.

At least I eventually got a try. Like I said, yours is certainly not a scalp I think I can take, despite your league position. I'm gunning for some of the less determined elder teams.

Got terrible news though... the team just above me in the league managed to get a draw, thus putting them out of my reach. I figured we'd both beat the bottom team twice, and 6th place guy beat me in our first encounter... I was praying for a win the next time, but now even that won't save me from 4th Div boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I WNWIM a bot team and won comfortably. Not to happy with my defence though, could be doing better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I beat Toulon RFC 48-25 and I've now moved up to 3rd in the table as Darren Cave(one of the better teams) lost, nice one :)

Got terrible news though... the team just above me in the league managed to get a draw, thus putting them out of my reach. I figured we'd both beat the bottom team twice, and 6th place guy beat me in our first encounter... I was praying for a win the next time, but now even that won't save me from 4th Div boredom.
    Yeah, he got a great result there. Looks like you will need to beat him, and nick a result elsewhere. It's a tough ask, but you never know, injuries make it a lot more possible this season.

Edit:Link

Got my second win of the season and perfect timing cos I play the team third form bottom at home next week. There may be the slightest glimmer of hope :eek:

46-10 and the team below me in 4th missed a bonus point meaning I'm 7 pts clear!

I'm also 16 pts clear of 5th so odds on for a play-off place. Blendage, sorry to see Stab County's heavy loss to The Hookers but on the bright side everyone below you lost as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

mar-z wrote: »
    46-10 and the team below me in 4th missed a bonus point meaning I'm 7 pts clear!

I'm also 16 pts clear of 5th so odds on for a play-off place. Blendage, sorry to see Stab County's heavy loss to The Hookers but on the bright side everyone below you lost as well!

86-0 against a bot. 8 from 8 now. I might have to throw one of my games soon, don't want to go up to Div 2 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

First ever game and I lose :(

Destroyed in the Scrum and the Line out, though my defence held on. 19-12 thanks to a converted try on full time.

satory wrote: »

Destroyed in the Scrum and the Line out, though my defence held on. 19-12 thanks to a converted try on full time.

19-12 isn't too bad a result. Did you read over the match commentary? It'll give you a pretty good insight into what needs to be done.

Yeah I managed to get home in time to read it as it happened.

Scrums and Lineouts are the main things that I need to work on, I may try a different forward lineup for my friendly. Handling was the other main thing, gave up a try with one man to beat as the pass didn't go to hand. But my opposition had more handling errors, so I'm putting my handling errors down to the level that my team is at.

I'm happy enough with my Backs and how they played, so at least I only have to work on/with 8 players, rather that a whole 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What's the name of your team?

I see JohnButler got a big win today! :pac: Hope my pep talk last night helped.

Apparently SFBB meant to play the game normally but accidently set it to WNWIM.

Orizio wrote: »
    What's the name of your team?
    Beltra

Yeah I managed to get home in time to read it as it happened.

Scrums and Lineouts are the main things that I need to work on, I may try a different forward lineup for my friendly. Handling was the other main thing, gave up a try with one man to beat as the pass didn't go to hand. But my opposition had more handling errors, so I'm putting my handling errors down to the level that my team is at.

I'm happy enough with my Backs and how they played, so at least I only have to work on/with 8 players, rather that a whole 15.

Ha good luck with that - line outs are one of my teams strengths.. quick ball of the top!:p

On a serious note, work on tactics also as they can make a big difference to the performance of the 15 on the park. It takes a few games to get it right for the composition of the first 15 (if there is such a thing!!).

Won today against another top four team, but the 2-4 positions are too close for me to be safe yet. In third by 1 point but only 5 pts ahead of 5th place so still nothing secure, but working on it!:D

Aiming to win the rest of the matches apart from Orizos 'scorched earth'! (Orizo want a WNWIM for that one? I will have full LTNT for cork coyotes then!:D )

• Advertisement

Beltra

Some beginner advice.

Play By-The-Book, play Rush, keep the 'expansive' percentage to a minimum tactics wise, buy young players (17/18) with good non-trainable attributes, and don't invest in the youth academy.

Also, your locks are far too small. 195cm and up.

Advertisement