Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Got my second league win in a row today (21-14). Looking good for a strong finish to this season, to prepare for next seasons assault on the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

hammered second place 33-3 away from home which now puts me second only two points behind the leaders who i have on the last day.

Whats your plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Good day in Div III.3 ... Bogwarriors got a win and a bonus point putting them into the top four and my boys hammered our arch-rivals 33-0 so I'm now in 6th place. Phew.

It's going to be an interesting two weeks... next week I play against the only team that can catch Dave and he's playing against the team that can catch me. Our final match is against each other so it's all fun and games. Hopefully there'll be at least two boardsies in the league next season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

eoferrall wrote: »
    Dont go for them! save your intensity for the playoffs, nothing to be gained by coming first in the league as there is no prize money for it now, it all depends on placing after playoffs.

Get them in the playoff finals!
    Orizio wrote: »
    Whats your plan?

i wouldnt be able to beat either of those top 2 teams in a play-off with them playing LTNT so i will be going all out to beat them on the last day, hope to get top spot and home semi against the 4th spot guy who ive beaten comfortably over last two seasons and then pick up the prize money for second. second has been my goal since early in the season. then next year hopefully one step further and win the league and promotion.

I wouldn't assume they're playing LTNT come play-offs, some teams simply throw those games to avoid promotion.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't assume they're playing LTNT come play-offs, some teams simply throw those games to avoid promotion.

thats true but if they have to play each other in the semi final it improves my chances of making the final. let them knock each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Guaranteed a play-off after the winning on the weekend. Need to get one more win to seal 3rd but don't mind if I get 3rd or 4th really, the two teams above me are much better than I am and are the only teams to beat me in the league this season so I don't much care which I play.

Have to decide whether to go all out for the semis to get an unlikely 2nd (even with ltnt at 100% and them normal I'm not sure that I can beat 1st or 2nd playing on normal) or hold on for the 2nd game to try make sure of 3rd.

Its all about trying to decide to risk getting 4th place prize money to maybe get 2nd or be slightly a wuss about things and try and bank 3rd.

A very nervous win today. Was trailing for 65 mins and then had worrying last part to game with only a 5 point lead but that win sets up a great finale against the leaders. Il be going all out to win against them to get home semi and the weakest of the play-off teams. (I hope this doesn't backfire on me!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

119 - 0 today for me.

It gives my team the highest points scored, lowest points conceded, most conversions made, highest player yardage earned in the league.

Are you ready for me Cody ?

Well I WNWIM today and managed to come out on top, 15-10. All set for a match against the leagues whipping boys next week that should take the club to 7 wins, 7 defeats for the season, but more importanly give me 5 wins, and 2 defeats since I took over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Bit of an overcast day today in Div III.3...
    Bogwarriors beat the lads in 7th place and denied them a bonus point from the loss, meaning Bogwarriors are still in 4th place and I'm still in 6th, but...
    I lost to the lads in 5th place, so they're still in with a chance of taking 4th place.
    My plan was to have a go at them, meaning they couldn't catch Bogwarriors in 4th and I couldn't be caught in 6th, so the final game of the league could be a friendly boardsie meet-up.

But the way it currently stands is that 7th,6th,5th and 4th place teams all have something to play for next week.

Realistically in a glass-half-full kind of world it'll work out that Bogwarriors beat me and secure 4th, the 5th place lads beat 7th place and deny them a bonus point... leaving me in 6th.

Tis tense in here all of a sudden

Just been checking out the table and if 1st beats 4th, without giving away a bonus losing point, and I beat 8th(bot team), gaining the BT point I should pick up 4th on the final day of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I was playing the both team in my league today so i WNMIMed and won 55-0.

Is this coming monday the last day for friendlies or can u schedule a friendly for for the monday after 25th Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

won 44-10, with bottom team to come (whose recently turned bot!) so thats second place secured and a home playoff against 3rd (which is undecided yet) done FAR better than I anticipated, changed tactics during the season which is paying off nicely.

still kicking my self for forgetting about the opening match which i lost 9-7 or something @ WNWIM, might have given scorched earth a closer run if I had won that! ;)

see you in the playoff final Orizio! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

suppafly wrote: »
    Is this coming monday the last day for friendlies or can u schedule a friendly for for the monday after 25th Jan?
    You can play friendlies every week, including weeks 15 and 16.

Judging by how the results were going in my league I think I have snatched 4th place and a playoff place.

Before BR site crashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Just missed out on the bonus point which would have put me in 1st place. I think I have fallen short on points difference, so that's 2nd place.

On to the playoff's then.
    [and yea, BR seems to have crashed]

BR is back up. Finished in 1st and 2nd positions respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Fourth, as expected. Frankee was desperately unlucky with other results today, looks like he will be relegated on points difference :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Well done JB, how it goes well for you next year. Time for me to start building the squad in a lower dividion.

• Advertisement

Second place as expected, expected to win playoff semi and met orizio in the final!

Not a bad season had by everyone likes a tryer, other than the extremly short cup runs in the BR cup and the boards!!:o

i certainly have a lot to gloat about this week!! beat the best team in league and got bonus point putting me top of the table and in the auto promotion position. i now also have a home semi against a weaker team who haven't beat me this season and although i wouldn't be ready for div2 just yet, im still gonna go for it and IF i get promoted just enjoy the adventure. On the down side 2 of my best players are injured for 3 weeks. crap. roll on the play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Artist formerly known as Frankiestylee here... no idea what email I used etc etc.. god, if only I could have gone back 6 years and made a note.

Anyhows, yes, the most unlikely outcome in the very final match sealed my fate.

Set up a WNWIM agreement with Dave since it was highly unlikely that my nemesis was going to win, let alone get a bonus point... but he did.

So down to division 4 I go. It's going to be a season of WNWIM and training, but hopefully I'll be better prepared for Div 3 next time.

It might sound mad after all my bitching at the start, but I'd love to get back into league 3, just so I can school my arch nemesis... though I guess I can find worthy competition in different leagues.

Munster Mark 2 I'll be seeing you in the Div IV promotion tables! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I finished in 4th play in my league too as i thought i would. I reckon i'll come 3rd or 4th in the playoffs.

I think I'm going to go for third, WNWIN for my friendly on Monday and playoff on Friday then LTNT for the 3rd place match. 103,500 is better than 69,000 prize money, and I have a better chance of that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Well done JB, how it goes well for you next year. Time for me to start building the squad in a lower dividion.

Thanks Dreamer. I feel lucky to have survived!!:o

I think you're the luckiest of the lot of us. You'll be bored for a bit, but you'll be able to re-work and strengthen your squad and strengthen the club as a whole. I was considering playing WNWIM for the whole of the season and getting relegated, in hindsight I should have done it. I'll probably do it next season.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Artist formerly known as Frankiestylee here... no idea what email I used etc etc.. god, if only I could have gone back 6 years and made a note.

Frankie - presume you added your name to the list to get your old name back? worth a shot anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I think you're the luckiest of the lot of us. You'll be bored for a bit, but you'll be able to re-work and strengthen your squad and strengthen the club as a whole. I was considering playing WNWIM for the whole of the season and getting relegated, in hindsight I should have done it. I'll probably do it next season.

I'd love to do it this season in my playoff game but the thing is that if I drop to DIV IV, there is no way I will fill my 8000 stadium which would leave me financially ruined.

For those of us that finished 5th, if you look at the last quarter of the DIV IV promotion tables, it looks like we will be up against a bot for the relegation playoff anyway so no real chance to go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I'll know better next year and try and finish mid way on the promotion tables. Targeting a cup run and some serious training for the coming year. Good luck to all in promotion playoffs.

Advertisement