Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Time to Gloat

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    Frankie - presume you added your name to the list to get your old name back? worth a shot anyways!

There's a list? I sent them an email saying I had no access. Anyhows, might be nice with a new name... with my old name everyone knew what band I played in and what course I study, now I can run free! :)

Yes, the training in Div IV should be great... but I've a 8,000+ capacity stadium..... OUCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    There's a list? I sent them an email saying I had no access. Anyhows, might be nice with a new name... with my old name everyone knew what band I played in and what course I study, now I can run free! :)

Yes, the training in Div IV should be great... but I've a 8,000+ capacity stadium..... OUCH!

8,000 you'd better have some cup run! but anyway it doesnt cost to have a half empty stadium does it? is the costs not linked to the spectators present? none are fixed?

But WE know and could spread it around! ;) ye i meant email them and get added to their list as they work down it! maybe you can keep two... one for normal and the fewcifur one for running amok! :p

I do enjoy running amok yes.

Cup run would be nice yes, though this new LTNT style might prove it tricky. Hopefully my new Div IV status will stop any Div IV chaps from using their precious LTNT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bunghoe

Orizio wrote: »
    BR is back up. Finished in 1st and 2nd positions respectively.

I thought it was against BR rules to have two teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

bunghoe wrote: »
    I thought it was against BR rules to have two teams?

It is...that why I have 4 teams. ;)

• Advertisement

That's Orizio! *cue theme music*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

8,000 you'd better have some cup run! but anyway it doesnt cost to have a half empty stadium does it? is the costs not linked to the spectators present? none are fixed?

Most of the costs are fixed based on the capacity of the stadium and the staffing that you select for game days.

As much as I enjoyed having 2 bots in my league this year, when I played them at home I only made a profit of 50k from the game compared to my usual 110k.

That was a real pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bunghoe

I am shocked the BR moderators have not caught on I see your not the only one that has more than 1 team. Obviously you don't log in to both teams from the same ip address.

Good luck in both playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

bunghoe wrote: »
    I am shocked the BR moderators have not caught on I see your not the only one that has more than 1 team. Obviously you don't log in to both teams from the same ip address.

Good luck in both playoffs.

I'm fairly sure I do actually. ;)

The admins/mods turn a blind eye to this kind of thing, unless you attempt to cheat the transfer market.

I'm totally making an Orizio Theme song once my lit review is in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

In fairness, I was tempted to abandon my team and start a new one having learnt from my mistakes. Glad I didn't though.

And it's possible to have multiple teams from the same IP. Siblings, partners, etc might both play after all.

jprender wrote: »
    Most of the costs are fixed based on the capacity of the stadium and the staffing that you select for game days.

As much as I enjoyed having 2 bots in my league this year, when I played them at home I only made a profit of 50k from the game compared to my usual 110k.

That was a real pain.

Ye I get lower profit from playing lesser teams etc, but on my finances spreadsheet the match expenses fluctuate also, yes the staff stays the same but the overall costs drop also when stadium not full. must actually track them on a graph and see the correlation!

But what I would do is drop the staff levels to match the max attendence level expected for the matches and then should be fine!

Mother of mercy these last few days have been torture... nothing to do in this off time! :(

NEED A MATCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Mother of mercy these last few days have been torture... nothing to do in this off time! :(

NEED A MATCH!

For sure.

A Saturday just isn't the same without a game going on.

I am looking forward to all my new Youth recruits though.
    9 new 10star young fellas joining on Sunday or whenever Jeremy sorts his sh1t out.

Advertisement