Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win explorer is awful sick...

• 19-10-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Last gasp here to try and source a fix for this problem.
    Business PC that has nothing out of the ordinary installed. Anytime I right click, press delete I get the error bout windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I've cleaned up the PC as much as possible. Adaware up to date, Advanced System Care up to date and Spybot up to date and all finding no issues.

Norton 360 up to date detecting nothing unusual.

Running XP SP 3.
    50gb free space.

Any ideas ? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Do you normally have Ad-aware, Spybot and Norton 360 all running at the same time? Sounds like a disaster to me...

As for the error itself, are you getting any detail in the error messages? If so, what is it? If not, check your event viewer logs (go to Start > Run, enter compmgmt.msc, go to System Tools > Event Viewer > System, and check for errors). If you can get a specific error message out of it/them, check it at support.microsoft.com.

Another thing to do - run msconfig and see what you've got running at startup, might give you a clue if there's anything wrong. (It might also be a dodgy registry entry somewhere that's knackered your shell context menu, but those can be hell to sort out if you don't have an idea of where you should be looking...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

ah no not all the same time, i run em seperatley, always have, have em on my home pc and its smooth as a whistle. Msconfig startup tab everything is disabled. should have mentioned that in my first post.

Pc is also gravely slow when browsing folders and control panel etc. Its not mine, tis a PC in the GF's office, am thinking might just be due a fresh install.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Assuming the specs are up to scratch, a clean install might be for the best. You could try something like the Trend online scanner running via IE & plugin, or alternatively the F-secure bootable CD (though this takes AAAAAAAAAAAAGES and would probably need to be left running overnight).

Nothing out of the ordinary in the event viewer is a bit odd, if explorer is constantly crashing out on you...

Advertisement