Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misselling PPI

Options
  • 19-10-2009 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Has anyone ever made a claim for misselling PPI insurance, I had 2 loans from a high street lender in 1997 and 1998 and remember the bank manager saying that if we did not take out the PPI we would not get the loan approved. Being older and wiser :o I was interested to find out had other people gone down this route to see if they got any joy with a refund

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Have you still got copies of all your agreements?

if you do, contact a competent solicitor who has handled claims in this area.

Ask around and find out whether they are good or not etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

I don't need a solicitor to make a complaint about mis-selling an insurance policy I am well able to look after that issue myself, I was inquiring if anyone has had any experience with the process or if they had to go to the FOS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Musha wrote: »
    I don't need a solicitor to make a complaint about mis-selling an insurance policy I am well able to look after that issue myself, I was inquiring if anyone has had any experience with the process or if they had to go to the FOS

If you're unhappy with their response and you are also unhappy with a possible ruling by the Ombudsman, you will. ;)

Advertisement