Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Few bargains in Harvey Norman

• 19-10-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭

Picked up Street Fighter 4, Godfather 2 and Halo Wars for 9.99 each in Harvey Norman, Waterford earlier this evening all for Xbox, didn't check what was there for other consoles. They also had Lost Odessey, Bee Movie, Wall-E, Fifa 2009, Rock Band Song pack 2 and Too Human for the same price (most of those are barely worth 9.99 and Too Human is only 6.95 preowned in xtravision at the moment).

They had 2 or 3 of each left at 6pm this evening in a big basket on the left on the way in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ooh, SFIV for 9.99. Must check Harvey Normans in Nutgrove tomorrow. Can I still get it for 9.99 if it's not that price in Nutgrove but I mention it's 9.99 in Watrford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I doubt it. Most of the Harvey Norman bargains that get mentioned on these boards never show up in Waterford and any mention I have made of it to staff has been greeted with a shrug and pointing to the price tag telling me to take or leave it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Picked up Street Fighter 4, Godfather 2 and Halo Wars for 9.99 each in Harvey Norman, Waterford earlier this evening all for Xbox, didn't check what was there for other consoles. They also had Lost Odessey, Bee Movie, Wall-E, Fifa 2009, Rock Band Song pack 2 and Too Human for the same price (most of those are barely worth 9.99 and Too Human is only 6.95 preowned in xtravision at the moment).

They had 2 or 3 of each left at 6pm this evening in a big basket on the left on the way in.

I hope all these games won't interfere with your winter training!

Tempted by SF4 and Halo Wars though. No, I must resist and save my money for Uncharted 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Sweet, I'll pop out there tomorrow so. Hopefully you didnt get the last copies of Halo Wars and Godfather 2 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah ment to post this last week when I got the Rock band song pack, total bargain for 20 songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't think these bargains apply to every Harvey Norman. Each one does have a bargain basket for games and everything is €9.99

Might have a look in Dundalk tomorrow and see what they have on offer. Here's hoping Red Faction is a tenner........ Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I picked up Halo Wars for €10 and Gears of War 2 for €15 during the summer from Harvey Norman Swords. Might try nip up on my lunch break today and see if they have anything good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I was just in the one in Waterford and couldnt find anything. Did I miss the bargain basket?? Granted it was my first time going into the place. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Moiph wrote: »
    I was just in the one in Waterford and couldnt find anything. Did I miss the bargain basket?? Granted it was my first time going into the place. :confused:

it is kinda hidden away, as you walk into the electrical part of the store its on the left hand side behind the digital photo printing machines. picked up godfather 2 and the rockband song pack 2 myself.

there was a few copies of too human left, there was atleast one copy of godfather 2, didnt see any halo wars. saw a copy of fifa 09 and shellshock 2 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Went into Swords on my lunch break.

They did have a bargain basket but the games were pretty much regular price. Cheapest was €20. Boo to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I doubt it. Most of the Harvey Norman bargains that get mentioned on these boards never show up in Waterford and any mention I have made of it to staff has been greeted with a shrug and pointing to the price tag telling me to take or leave it !

Rats! Ah well, I may pop down there in a while and see what they have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i checked my local store all around the 20e mark and there where the ****y ones that no one buys

Advertisement