Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor issue

Options
  • 19-10-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭

I have a docking station and have 2 monitors.
    I have a Dell LCD 22" monitor and another 19" Compaq monitor
    I have
    the VGA cable for analogue plugged in to the VGA connector on the compaq monitor.

I have
    the DVI cable for digital plugged in to the DVI connector on the Dell monitor.

I had this working where I had an extended desktop setup : Digital Display and Monitor. This worked fine for ages

I came in one morning and the DVI digital cable going to the dell was unplugged, I didnt think much of it and just re plugged it in again, did not work and this is where the problems started

Now, the Digital screen keeps on going to " power save mode"
    I cant get it out of power save mode.

I have changed cables, doking stations, checked power settings etc. but the Dell screen with the DVI connection keeps on giving me " power save mode " error

Any ideas on how to fix this ??

I tested the dell screen with the VGA cable and that works fine, but it will not work with the DVI cable - just keep on getting this " entering power save " issue

Any ideas on how to fix this ??

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

this is going to sound silly, but you have checked that the dell is set to dvi in? it's usually input 1 on the monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭obi604

think so , is that when you press the menu button or whatever on the screen itself and it toggles between

1. Auto detect
    2. Analog
    3. Digital

if so, I have done that

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

then it sounds like you've tried most things, last one is to check the monitors dvi input with another PC. If thats ok either the dvi out is damaged on your PC or it's disabled?

The fact this first happened when you noticed the cable unplugged may mean it was dragged and damaged the connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭obi604

yeh, have tried most things alright : )

how do you check if the DVI is disabled ?

Advertisement