Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

super hardcore gel/hairspray???

• 19-10-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm dressing up as a punk for hallowe'en, and am looking for some major strength hair gel or hairspray to get my hair into a mohawk or liberty spikes... I know there are loads of gels and stuff that are advertised as 'rock hard!' or whatever, but i was hoping for a recommmendation from people who might've already used some? All the stuff on punk boards, etc., are US brands...

Thanks guys,

Zo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Use egg whites! It's the only thing that worked for my liberty spikes back in the day.

Egg whites work in the same way that gels do (since egg is a protein), and is fairly easy to get out with lots of hot water.
    You get a bunch in a bowl and use it like you would use gel. Coat the hair and then use a dryer to get it in the right shape and defy gravity.:D

The egg whites will dry and hold from there. You want to be careful though. If you leave it too long in your hair, it can start to smell bad, since it's not really meant to be out that long without refrigeration.

Or you could try red 'dax wax'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Got2b Glued Hairspray, I live by this stuff! You can find it in Boots

schwarzkopfgot2bgluedblastingfreezespray300ml153574.jpeg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Always used Silvikrin for my mohawk. It's cheap ****e you can get from Boots or Tesco. Both used to do a 2 for 1 deal on it. Get the maximum hold can. That and a hair drier is all ya need really. It easily held my mohawk which was over around a foot long at one stage.

http://www.boots.com/en/Silvikrin-Maximum-Hold-Hairspray-400ml_867465/

If your hair is less than 6 inches, soap should do the job, but it takes a bit of practise to get right... don't use perfumed stuff either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

cheers for all the suggestions guys! Might hold off on the egg whites... bad smelling hair not exactly up my alley! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Tigi Bed Head makes a specific gel for this:

Tigi Bed Head Hard Head

You get it the odd time in TKMaxx, but salons have it full price too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement