Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wages not being paid

Options
  • 19-10-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

for 2 weeks ina row now my wages hasnt been getting put into my account on time...last week it was due on fri...didnt get it til the wednesday....was told on fri that it b in by monday for this week....low and behold i still havew no wages....were would one have rights on this..didnt no were to post so tried here....would i be intitled to complain somewere and get help...

Comments

A sign of trouble - part of my job making sure there is enough cash in the bank for payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

If you've got a HR department, complain.

If you haven't, kill your boss and steal all his money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ask for a cheque next pay day.

Payment of Wages Act 1991

You can even get paid in cash if you give notice but realy, it's not a good idea. But if the business is in trouble, then cash is king

I worked for a new hotel just starting up.
    They never paid me on time so I just demanded a cheque and if you want a night porter for the night, get the cheque book and sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Your lucky to have money coming in at all!!!Someone was going to say it:cool:

Seriously,happened my Brother,kept on to them,no luck.Said they should expect a letter from his solicitor and he got it not long after that.

Got the sack a few months later though............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 da-mahon-don

we have a few shops...were not making as much money as or boss wants us to...any idea if ive rights as the part timers were paid cash the other day yet were told tuff wait..other staff in other shops all paid with cash..im snapping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Tell them that it's just not cool. Work forum btw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement