Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Playoff Winners Lost

Options
  • 19-10-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

I've only a played a few matches and am just currently building my squad...

Now i got to the final and came up against a team which had won every game since the manager had taken over. His squads includes a couple of players around the 30k csr mark and then rest around 20k and a few on 15k.

I'm in Division 4... Would you guys think it's a possibility that this guy has completely overspent? And that his bankruptcy is inevitable?

My team has one player with a csr of 13.5k and the rest 11.5k to 8k. It is very balanced however, liking my pack with a good weight, strength and tall locks.

Like nearly all my players have the right stats in the right area's and they're also very young. Lots of 22>...

I've been investing 25k a week in youth and upgraded my training facilities to a level 2(with the winning from playoff).

I managed to only lose by 14 points in the final last year but don't want to lose again!
    Should i play him at his own game and buy some 30+ age, 30k csr ruggers or wait for him to flounder to his poor economics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

They're not going to go bankrupt. You're going to have to play the long game. Keep developing your training and academy, and you will beat them in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Don't put 25k in your youth academy, its a complete waste. It only works if you put the whole 50k in, and I wouldn't suggest it. Just put 5k in and ignore it.

Concentrate on improving your coaches, training, buying young players instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

My youth academy is on 4 stars after just two weeks of 25k investment.
    What is the difference between a 50k investment and a 25k investment?
    Does the 25k investment not just mean that your youth academy just doesn't progress as fast?

Also while we're talking about it. How does having a better youth academy improve the player in the academy? Do they get better immediately as the academy gets better or is it just over time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'll make it very simple, in case you continue to waste money - the youth academy is a scam/waste UNLESS you are putting in 50k. Its 5k or 50k - literally. Ask any veteran and he'll tell you the same thing.

As I understand it, the players you scout in a 50k academy are far superior to those you scout in a 5k academy, so the players entering your academy are superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Orizio wrote: »
    I'll make it very simple, in case you continue to waste money - the youth academy is a scam/waste UNLESS you are putting in 50k. Its 5k or 50k - literally. Ask any veteran and he'll tell you the same thing.

As I understand it, the players you scout in a 50k academy are far superior to those you scout in a 5k academy, so the players entering your academy are superior.

Add to that the level of training they receive while in the academy is far greater on full investment than it would be on 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

When I was investing 5k I got nothing but rubbish from my promotions. Going for it with 50k this season and the quality has improved in just a few weeks. Can wait to see what I get once I hit the full 10 star academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Hi Effluo, the team you are talking about is my mates and I can tell you he is in a good financial position. My advice to you is that you are in a very easy league so look at building your team so that when you do promote to division 3 in 2 seasons time you won't be cannon fodder, ask yourself have you the facilities and cash to compete in division 3 next season or would another year of in game training and building up your cash reserves be better in the long run?

Advertisement