Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else bored of Madden 10?

• 19-10-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Couldn't wait to try it out and now 2 months later I have just started to notice that the box is collecting more dust then dopey dope with its mouth open at the back of maths class....

I mean, I am a Liverpool fan and I hate soccer games but I reckon FIFA10 to be a better game....

Let the abuse begin :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

The Munky wrote: »

Let the abuse begin :D

Abuse for what?. Telling the truth?;)

Rented it for about a week and got bored of it very quickly. It was a leap up from 09 but found that the same issues from previous versions still existed and just stuck to NCAA. What peeved me to no end is that EA in Madden charge you for things that should be in the game for free e.g the AFL legacy pack which is a ripoff.

Oh well. Thats where no competition gets you.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Its just too dull a game, you play it for a weekend and it just becomes repetitive.

Is there no online format whereby you are a particular player for each series - TE on offense, MLB on D, RB on offense, SS on D etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

i was going along just fine, a few franchise modes etc. Then I traded 2 first and 1 second round pick to the raiders for Asomugha in one of the franchises. The next season the game couldnt continue because the raiders had about 30 players and were over the cap by about $20mill because Asomugha had just signed a 7 year extension before the trade, resulting in massive cap penalties. Now im a bit peeved with the game tbh

Not to mention endless holding penalties on FG/PAT, AI running OB on 3rd down, clock not stopping on incomplete pass plays etc

Why dont they make a PES (or PEF - Pro Evo Football) :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

I got bored after two weeks, haven't played it since. FIFA is by far a better game. Its strange because NFL is far more enjoyable to watch than Soccer yet FIFA is far better to play than Madden. The point about no competition is very valid, they can put what they want in the game and people will still buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Not to mention endless holding penalties on FG/PAT, AI running OB on 3rd down, clock not stopping on incomplete pass plays etc

Think one of the patches released was suppossed to have addressed that glitch iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lads, can you get NCAA football for the Xbox360 over here these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lads, can you get NCAA football for the Xbox360 over here these days?

Nope the 360 version is region locked so you will need a flashed 360 or an american one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Completely bored of this game already. It's just waiting for the new Ratchet & Clank game to come out so I can trade it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

If anything theyve made superstar mode alot worse!

They took away alot of the interface such as the apartment, interviews,agent signings, customising players etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I have it for my iphone and its great on that.

One of the better games for my phone and moving my season along nicely on the train every day.

Oh and to the OP, take it out and play it.....better than watching Liverwho at the moment !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Nope the 360 version is region locked so you will need a flashed 360 or an american one.

Flashing/changing the firmware of the dvd drive does not make it region free.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Flashing/changing the firmware of the dvd drive does not make it region free.

Cheers Kinetic for clearing that up. Some Muppet convinced me it did and I told him it didnt but there ye go I knew I was right. I bought a US 360 and he told me I wasted my money :rolleyes: hence the ensuing argument :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

booo :(

I have it for my iphone and its great on that.

One of the better games for my phone and moving my season along nicely on the train every day.

Oh and to the OP, take it out and play it.....better than watching Liverwho at the moment !!

Girlfriends, wives, friends and hairline all come and go but your team is your team... through thick and thin... YNWA JFT96

Girlfriends, wives, friends and hairline all come and go but your team is your team... through thick and thin... YNWA JFT96

Here Here Brother Here Here

Here Here Brother Here Here

Have you become a Town Crier from the ghetto?

Yo Brother, here ye here y'all.... meet you on the flip side and lets boogie woogie ooogie. Aiii

:D:D

Have you become a Town Crier from the ghetto?

Yo Brother, here ye here y'all.... meet you on the flip side and lets boogie woogie ooogie. Aiii

:D:D

Fo shizzle fo nizzle I beit the town crier.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buynow

I think the nature of the sports themselves make Fifa a better prospect. In soccer the major focus of the game is the guy with the ball or the guy tackling him.

Especially on defense in American Football, everyone has to do something in a short space of time, so often when controlling one player on defense it doesn't feel like you have much influence in what is going on. Nearly as well off to sit back and watch. Makes you wonder if the defensive side if more focus should be on changing formations and cover before and after the snap, so you have button on what player to focus on, sort of the reverse to what happens on offense.

buynow wrote: »

Especially on defense in American Football, everyone has to do something in a short space of time, so often when controlling one player on defense it doesn't feel like you have much influence in what is going on. Nearly as well off to sit back and watch. Makes you wonder if the defensive side if more focus should be on changing formations and cover before and after the snap, so you have button on what player to focus on, sort of the reverse to what happens on offense.

Such a mature and reasoned response kind sir... I shall approach the game with a renewed vigour and shall keep you posted on my new gentile game plan.

Adieu...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I agree that M10 is a backward step from M09 as regards gameplay. There are still too many faults. Kickoff return coverages, passing to backs in the flats, running backs trucking through 7 and 8 players and so on. They did fix the FG holding btw in a patch. That being said the online franchise is brilliant with the draft etc. I play in some online leagues and the majority of players would be of the same opinion.

As regards playing madden defense I usually take control of a blitzer, whether he be a CB or LB. Otherwise probably a MLB covering a HB or in a zone. Sometimes take a DLman, as somebody who I cannot really screw up my defence with :eek:

If you are interested in playing organised madden online go to www.xbln.net The madden section is for mature gamers who have a knowledge of the game not kids who play lobby type crap.

And yeah FIFA is good.

Big hello to the Town Crier :), congrats on your new title :D

• Advertisement

I think the nature of the sports themselves make Fifa a better prospect. In soccer the major focus of the game is the guy with the ball or the guy tackling him.

I disagree with everything here. Having played madden from the early years. To put it simply EA have fooking ruined the game. They have gone for image more than game play and this has made it boring simple as.

Look at NCAA as prime example. They haven't made any stupid major adjustments and by fars blows Madden out of the water.

Oh and comparing real life american football to a game is daft to be honest its like comparing a book to a movie of course its not going to be the same.

Oh and your button idea taking your example if only everything in real life was as simple as a button also one thing that made all the games great was thinking on your own two feet like you do in real life when you play or watch the game. Judging the next play for yourself. Giving you a button to do that defeats the purpose and will make it even more boring.

berty thank you good sir for real homes :D

berty thank you good sir for real homes :D

Are we creating a monster here, should it be compulsory to end all posts with a stereotypical 70's pimp style response?

I'm all for it like.

Say bra, ya dig? Ya feel me? awww yeah

Oh and comparing real life american football to a game is daft to be honest its like comparing a book to a movie of course its not going to be the same.

Oh and your button idea taking your example if only everything in real life was as simple as a button also one thing that made all the games great was thinking on your own two feet like you do in real life when you play or watch the game. Judging the next play for yourself. Giving you a button to do that defeats the purpose and will make it even more boring.
    So it completely not like the actual game but it is? which is it? Generally the movie and the books are not exactly the same, but is a good clue.

The whole game is about pressing buttons, unless I should be running on top of the coffee table and tackling the telly or something?

It is not as if there would be one button that does everything, it doesn't even have to be that, I just think the defensive part of the game is lacking the whole judging the play for yourself, you feel like a passenger. I am not actually basing this on Madden 10 (I haven't played it) but on the series in general.

So it completely not like the actual game but it is? which is it? Generally the movie and the books are not exactly the same, but is a good clue.

:rolleyes: I was using two examples. Two very different experiences and can never truly be compared. But of course you are going to be silly and try take what I said out of context.
    The whole game is about pressing buttons, unless I should be running on top of the coffee table and tackling the telly or something?

Wow good man way to read my post properly considering you brought up this all amazing one button to decide outcomes for you. :rolleyes:
    It is not as if there would be one button that does everything, it doesn't even have to be that, I just think the defensive part of the game is lacking the whole judging the play for yourself, you feel like a passenger. I am not actually basing this on Madden 10 (I haven't played it) but on the series in general.

You know as sh1t as I think madden is and the fact i play and coach the game. If you remove the CPU help and put it on the hardest level it does its best to mirror deciding where the ball is going and controlling your D. But being like every other game they are limited to what they can and cant do without crossing the boundaries off complication.

:rolleyes: I was using two examples. Two very different experiences and can never truly be compared. But of course you are going to be silly and try take what I said out of context.

Wow good man way to read my post properly considering you brought up this all amazing one button to decide outcomes for you. :rolleyes:
    Show me the context I omitted?

I didn't mean one amazing button, apologies if it came across that way, I meant some way of being able to control over the entire defense.
    But being like every other game they are limited to what they can and cant do without crossing the boundaries off complication.
    Agreed, and as I said I think it is the nature of the sport that further complicates this in comparison to soccer which is more simple. It could very well be that madden is the best adapation you could hope for, I was just suggesting some sort of alternative that would be interesting to see if could be any better. It is just an opinion, no need to be so belligerent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Such a mature and reasoned response kind sir... I shall approach the game with a renewed vigour and shall keep you posted on my new gentile game plan.

Adieu...
    where does religion come into it?

:P

Show me the context I omitted?

I didn't mean one amazing button, apologies if it came across that way, I meant some way of being able to control over the entire defense.

Agreed, and as I said I think it is the nature of the sport that further complicates this in comparison to soccer which is more simple. It could very well be that madden is the best adapation you could hope for, I was just suggesting some sort of alternative that would be interesting to see if could be any better. It is just an opinion, no need to be so belligerent.

Belligerent?:rolleyes: Really? Dude you need to find the games forum and stay with nice kind peaceful people if you think I was being belligerent. The fact is im entitled to my opinion and you will get a lot of that in the American football forum. As I stated before this isn't a games forum so if you don't like me or someone in here giving there opinion or you think its war like why not take yours elsewhere then? Like over to the nice calm kind peaceful gamers section.

Belligerent?:rolleyes: Really? Dude you need to find the games forum and stay with nice kind peaceful people if you think I was being belligerent. The fact is im entitled to my opinion and you will get a lot of that in the American football forum. As I stated before this isn't a games forum so if you don't like me or someone in here giving there opinion or you think its war like why not take yours elsewhere then? Like over to the nice calm kind peaceful gamers section.

Well at the time it may have been a bit strong, now I am not so sure :-)

Well at the time it may have been a bit strong, now I am not so sure :-)

Here yee here yee I is a hearin ye bro tis all good in thy hood aiii :D I is one stubborn brother caught up in this mad old world of Shakespearean tales.

• Advertisement

Here yee here yee I is a hearin ye bro tis all good in thy hood aiii :D I is one stubborn brother caught up in this mad old world of Shakespearean tales.

wow, a complete merger of olde englishe and da hood bro.....

Yo, to be or not to be, that is da mofo question ya feel me?

Advertisement