Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in D14 just hear that?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Odd sound? Like a seagull but higher pitched? Sounded RIGHT outside my window, not a notion what it was...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Twister Ella

Well my dishwasher made a weird sound not long ago.

Didn't think it was that loud though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Mildly amusing, but not really helpful....

Probably won't find out what it was though. Just very odd, never heard it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Didn't hear a thing and window is wide open here and im not that far from you.

There was some fire's lit when i was out and about a little while ago could have been kids throwing things they shouldnt on there , this the season an' all.

Appreciate it :) but twas lastnight, and literally outside my window so no kids I reckon, maybe a mental seagull on crazy gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

Could be an owl. We have then here out in dublin 18. If it was like a screech 'Twas probably an owl.

They don't all hoot.

Either that or twister needs to start using calgon.

• Advertisement

Unless the owl was in serious pain I'd doubt it, heard an owl nearby before. then again, who knows? ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

was it this thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

Betcha it was an owl. Am on mobile now but will link tomorrow.

If you can't wait you tube a screeching owl.

robbie_998 wrote: »
    was it this thing

again, mildly amusing, but no, twasn't big bird.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

star-pants wrote: »
    again, mildly amusing, but no, twasn't big bird.... :rolleyes:

ok :D

ok, seriously now, i saw one of these things in the stream across the road from my house while going to college this morning.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't really get storks or herons around here. Think I saw a heron once in the area.

I've youtubed screeching owls, tbh none really sound like what I heard, the sound was more high pitched and clear than the general owls. Not saying it def wasn't but just going on hearing a good few (I listened to like 20 different ones) none sounds like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Gosh Rosie - maybe it was a fox!
    The first one especially sounds REALLY like what I heard, it's much clearer than the owl screech and tbh sounds more human, which is initially what I thought it was. Wouldn't have thought a fox would be on my roof but it's entirely possible - I've seen them in the area. Cheers for that, it was just annoying me as to what on earth the noise was. It sounded so like that fox scream

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

star-pants wrote: »
    Wouldn't really get storks or herons around here. Think I saw a heron once in the area.

I've youtubed screeching owls, tbh none really sound like what I heard, the sound was more high pitched and clear than the general owls. Not saying it def wasn't but just going on hearing a good few (I listened to like 20 different ones) none sounds like it.

There are plenty of herons living around the River Dodder.

KC61 wrote: »
    There are plenty of herons living around the River Dodder.

Aye but I don't live beside or particularly close to the River - as I said I've seen the odd one, but they wouldn't really hang around my area.

Advertisement