Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosters for work

Options
  • 19-10-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can help me? The place where i work at the moment only put up our hours for the following week? Is that correct or should we be able to see our hours for 2 weeks ahead?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated as it is very frustrating finding out the hours for the week ahead 2 days before you actually have to work them...

Thanks,
    Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

this is pretty standard where I work (petrol station).

is your work a bit more professional than that?

also, it's a recession, workers are pretty much at the mercy of employers now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lil_lisa87

Well its a supermarket and tis pretty busy-plus i worked in the likes of Dunnes Stores before and we got to see our hours for 2 weeks ahead...

Recession or not,if we are entitled to see our hours for the following 2 weeks then we should see them,ya know?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

Not legally entitled I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure in customer service jobs they can give you only 24 hours notice if they want to.

I know it's unfair and I used try to do monthly ones but staff predictability wasn't the best so I cut it to two weeks.

Personally I wouldn't rock the boat and if you have plans make sure you give them enough notice and make them sign off on it. A lot of people would be interested in any rota right now even if it was only for the next two days.

ah right,fair enough! cheers for letting me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

Sorry to be the bearer of not so good news.

Btw check your contract in case there is anything in there.

• Advertisement

Not a bother! Someone had to tell me!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I'm sure if you needed a particular day off you could arrange it a few weeks before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Lil_lisa87 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can help me? The place where i work at the moment only put up our hours for the following week? Is that correct or should we be able to see our hours for 2 weeks ahead?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated as it is very frustrating finding out the hours for the week ahead 2 days before you actually have to work them...

Thanks,
    Lisa

how long has this been going on? have you asked your HR dept? maybe someone with that responsibility is out sick or behind schedule.

While its an inconvience ask your work collegues some one might know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Afaik, your employer is required to have your roster done at least 1 week in advance. I'm not an expert by any means btw, but this is what i have been told by my hr dept with regards to having staffing rosters ready. I always try to have mine done 2 weeks in advance in any case.

Advertisement