Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Encouraging Quitting

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

I've been on one of the websites for the secret achievements on FIFA10. I think I've read oone of the achievements correctly, where when you quit five xbox live games whilst losing you get it.

I actually couldn't believe my eyes reading it. Apologies if this has been brought up already.

EDIT: Here it is.

Bad Loser 0
    Select to Quit & forfeit 5 Xbox LIVE matches when losing

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah and if i recall correctly you get 0 gamerpoints for it then aswell. Bit of a joke encouraging quitting as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

even if its for 0 points, im sure there are idiots out there who will want every achievement regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bit pathetic on EA's part there. Surely they could have had a better achievement.

Surely those involved in the production of FIFA must know how annoyed people get when people just quit the game halfway through.
    Some muppet who always quits must have put it in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Could you just play a friend and quit, I know that's not the point and it is stupid of ea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It would be better if they could give a -5 gamerscore :) - but it'd probably still work like an ASBO and some element would take it as a badge of honour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Would be great if they could restrict peoples entry to big online events if they had this achievement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah this is a joke, no?

Why do they encourage quitting? Don't they play the game online themselves and realise how frustrating it is when someone goes a couple of goals down, they quit and hope back into a game straight away?

They couldn't make it any easier to quit. At least the old Pro Evo's made it harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Encouraging quitting?

Not quite.

A) You get 0 gamerscore... hurray?
    B) If im matched with someone and i click RS i see there gamercard and could see that they've quit 5 games.

I think its more to show that those who have this achievement quit. Like an embarrasment sort of deal. I know i wont be getting it anytime soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Encouraging quitting?

Not quite.

A) You get 0 gamerscore... hurray?
    B) If im matched with someone and i click RS i see there gamercard and could see that they've quit 5 games.

I think its more to show that those who have this achievement quit. Like an embarrasment sort of deal. I know i wont be getting it anytime soon.

People will still do it to get all achievements possible in the game, also if you look and see they havent quit 5 games whats to say they wont quit yours while trying to get it. Its a stupid achievement which people will still try get and quitting on Fifa is one of, if not the most annoying thing in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I did think this was a stupid idea by EA alright but as Mikey says, it could be quite helpful to those who want to avoid quitters. Have the achievement? Not playing you! Saves a bit of time. If people are that intent on getting ALL the achievements, then it serves them right for people avoiding them...

🤪

• Advertisement

True if they have done it more than 5 times you will see the achievement and know they are an expert at quitting but unfortunately quitters are something thats all too common in Fifa and I cant be bothered having to go on to their gamercard everytime I want a match to see if they have an achievement or not. I was playing this squeeky high pitched voiced English kid the other night, the reason I know was cos he kept saying helloooooo...helloooo every 2 mins into the mic but my mic was off and I wasnt gonna turn it on just to reply to this idiot, he scored a goal and then i proceeded to put 3 past him in the first half. As it got half way through the second half he said answer me or im going to quit, at this stage i scored my fourth goal and decided to do the "I cant hear you" celebration for the laugh..on that note he quit the game. The problem with Fifa is its too easy to quit and there is no punishment such as restart your xbox, that was a big addition to Fifa 10 that needed to be implemented and EA messed up, instead they stuck in an achievement for quitting..defies logic to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 butcherchap

am i the only person who doesnt mind when people quit? you get the win etc, and it takes less time :P

am i the only person who doesnt mind when people quit? you get the win etc, and it takes less time :P

In a nutshell..Yes

i must not be as anal about ranking etc as the rest of yas so, i just enjoy the game, and if they aint enjoying being smashed up 3-0 after 20 mins of the game i cant blame them

Its nothing to do with ranking or being anal about it. I come on to play a few games of fifa..ideally i want to play the full match, just because the other person is losing 3-0 and decides to quit my game should be ruined? I dont think so. If i'm playing ranked it matches me up with someone of the same level so they should be able to give me a good match, if they are losing and quit after the first half and then the next 5 games everyone does the same then I think I have the right to be annoyed about people quitting.
    Yes you get the win but if the person is going to quit everytime they are getting beat then who bother playing the game in the first place, they are never going to get better at Fifa quitting every match a few minutes into it.

yeah but being realistic you could be playing a 12 year old american kid with a mental problem for all you know

then there is the flip side, maybe they HAD to leave, how ya know the persons mate wasnt outside waiting for him to go play tip the can

or maybe his internet went

ive got a fairly dodgy net connection and ive lost games from it going even when im winning 4-0 type thing

take the bad with the good

if you dont care about ranking why not add a few folk who feel the same as you and play them in unranked matched to get your final whistles that you crave so much, or play the computer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

yeah but being realistic you could be playing a 12 year old american kid with a mental problem for all you know

That certainly sounds like most of the people i play in ranked matches anyway!

Well... Replace american with chav english.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think they should have some sort of punishment system, that if your quit rate goes over a certain percentage that the next time you play online the game should give you abuse (e.g. no matter what team you pick, they'll all be lame and weat tu-tu's or Andy Gray will tell 'Yo Mama' jokes or something :D)

yeah a cut off of being allowed play online after say 30% DNF might help a LITTLE bit, but not much really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

then there is the flip side, maybe they HAD to leave, how ya know the persons mate wasnt outside waiting for him to go play tip the can

Strange they only HAVE to leave, when they are losing?
    or maybe his internet went

Explains for 7 out 10 quitters when they are losing by a couple of goals? I suppose 3 of them, their internet went, the other 4 had something very urgent, because nobody ever quits just because they are losing, right? Nativity at its finest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement