Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 LOUDER than others

• 20-10-2009 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

My Xbox is so loud, like, even when there is no disk spinning - good god its loud. I have to shout over it.

Its at its quietest wen its first turned on. Then after a minute or so, it starts getting louder, the fan I mean.

My mate described the sound as "an airplane taking off". It sounds like its going to blow up.

I heard off sum people that its the fan probably covered in dust. If it is, is there anyway i can clear the dust off? Without needin to open it or voiding the warranty preferrably.

I'm gettin a new Xbox this Friday (Forza 3 one), but I'd still like to know, because god help the person who buys this Xbox cause hes going to be taking cover within 30 seconds after turning it on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shnitszer

If you,ve got a hard drive with lots of space you should install whichever game you play most on it. Thats what I do with RPGs. Or alternatively just buy some headphones. The only other thing I can think of is maybe place the 360 far away from youself so you won't hear it as much.

I don't know about the fan thing, but I wouldn't mess with the xbox just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Shnitszer wrote: »
    If you,ve got a hard drive with lots of space you should install whichever game you play most on it. Thats what I do with RPGs. Or alternatively just buy some headphones. The only other thing I can think of is maybe place the 360 far away from youself so you won't hear it as much.

I don't know about the fan thing, but I wouldn't mess with the xbox just in case.

I have headphones but sumhow wen i plug them into the headphone jack of my tv i cant hear anything, i dno if that has sumthin to do with HDMI or anytn, i dno.

The Xbox im gettin this friday has a jasper chip thingy planted in it, i think theyre standard issue now i think all xbox's are gettin them. Apparently theyr ment ta use less power and the xbox's are a tad quiter than other older models. i dno, but its one of the small reasons im gettin a new xbox. Other reason is that its a 250gb HDD one, and comes with Forza 3, and i think it has a forza 3 skin on the xbox itself anol.

Still though this is the loudest Xbox 360 ive ever heard compared to hearing everyone else's that i know of.

Everytime i turn it on my brother takes the p*** and says "heuston we have a problem" lol

I wud place it somewhat further than it already is, or i wud sit further back, but my pc monitor is directly sittin next to my tv, so i have to risk a headache sumtimes lol

ive even decided to watch all films on my ps3 aswell since it almost makes no noise wotsoever, coz watchin a film on my xbox i have to turn the volume rite up, causing everyone in my house to give out for havin the tv too loud lol its a dilemma, if thats wot it is, turn it down and not hear anythin, but not get the head bitten off me, or turn it up, and hear it, but lose my head lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

You could use a can of compressed air to remove the dust. Thats what I use for my laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I bought a used 360 before with those symptoms, mine overheated and got 2 red lights soooo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've a Jasper model OP and it's very quiet. Well not altogether silent but the sound of the Xbox doesn't interfere with sound or anything. As a previous poster said you could use a can of compressed air. It works well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Burn it. It's only lookin for attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

gamercfc wrote: »
    I have to shout over it.

f**k off! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Open it up and put new quieter fans in the back of it. You can buy them online for the 360 for pretty cheap, that is if you are that worried about it and not too bothered about voiding your warranty. I'd also recommend a nice dose of English 101.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Winters wrote: »
    Open it up and put new quieter fans in the back of it. You can buy them online for the 360 for pretty cheap, that is if you are that worried about it and not too bothered about voiding your warranty. I'd also recommend a nice dose of English 101.

Excuse me?.........

(edited)
    Never mind

Advertisement