Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dissapointed with lost symbol ending (spoiler)

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Was anyone else abit disapointed with the ending of dan browne's latest?
    after the whole big treasure hunt, and tracking down of all the clue's it essentially leads to no big secret in the end, like what in all fairness was revealed which warented the possible sacrifice of peter solomons life?!
    maybe i'm mistaken but was there only an old copy of the bible at the bottom of the stairs at the obilisik?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Could you use spoiler tags please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've added spoiler tags. Though to be fair to kujosHeist, he put spoiler in the thread title. Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mack flyer

his books drag you in and its like eating nuts at a bar as someone once quoted..." not great but you keep eating them anyway"..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I was totally disgusted by the whole book to be honest: Dan Browne is slightly overrated anyway (or quite a bit!) but normally its at least enjoyable. However this time it was tough to get through the book: it was boring and the ending was anti climatic to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm just disappointed there are people still reading this tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Agreed - I'm wondering why there's even a discussion under Arts or Literature when it comes to this sort of money making dross

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

now now, each to their own. I'm sure some people found lord of the rings to be tripe or catcher in the rye...

dan brown , much as I hate his works, did a lot to make books and literature "trendy" again. it got a lot of people into reading books who hadnt thought of picking one up since school. the topic of this thread is whether or not you were let down by the endign of the most recent, not what you think of the people that read his works. once search is back up and running, I would suggest you go have a look for the original thread discussing the merits, or lack thereof, of dan brown's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Agreed - I'm wondering why there's even a discussion under Arts or Literature when it comes to this sort of money making dross

Because believe it or not, whether you like it or not it still merits discussion: if literature was limited to the likes of the Bronte sisters, or John McGahern, people wouldn't read. Literature is what people make of it.

I'm not Dan Browne's biggest fan but to completely dismiss his books as "money making dross" is a bit of an overreaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

LoLth and cyning; Point taken - I'll revert to the earlier thread re Mr. Brown and his contribution to the Literary world when search returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

read this book , horrible waste of time !! hadnt expected much from it but still somehow still disappointed tho :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Have read all his books and generally enjoyed them as they are a very light read and keep you interested right to the end. The Lost Symbol though was terrible and the ending was absolutely awful. Can honestly say it is the worst book I have read in the last few years. Hopefully his next one will see a return to form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i've never been so disappointed with and ending. absolute bollo*ology.
    i realise he is actually quite crap, no more dan brown for me!

Advertisement