Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apologies for being so early

• 20-10-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Im doing the dip and was wondering what the story is with correcting exams?

State exams: do you need to have the dip finished? Who would you contact about this?
    Mock exams: I contacted a company last year and was told I needed to have the dip and 2 years experience.

Sorry for being so quick off the mark here, but not only would the pocket money come in handy, but it wouldnt look awful on a CV either.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Apply to the SEC and see. Some subjects they are short of people every year - you never know.

You're not that early in asking - the deadline for task examiners in the LCA is this Friday.

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=re&sc=ei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

When do they usually advertise for LC and JC correctors? I'm interested in doing it this year for my sins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

They'll probably advertise in the next month or so, and the deadline will be before Christmas, I'd say.
    Last year, there were a lot more applicants than positions, unsurprisingly for last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I applied in April and got offered the corrections because my subject didn't have many applicants (not the case with other subjects). Be warned you won't get paid until late September/October though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

They're usually out in November, CSPE seems to be the subject where there is a large turnover of correctors.

As for correcting mocks, it's torturous and very poorly paid (in comparison with SEC). I had heard from people that applied last year and didn't get it that they were looking for teaching qualifications and experience where as in past years I knew of a number of people correcting mocks that were in college/not teaching. Sign of the times that people needed to earn a little extra, and that the mock companises were in a position that they were able to turn down applicants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Coolio

The SEC(State Exams Commission) is the place to contact. There's a notice put up in schools when they're looking for correctors. It's a real eye-opener for teachers to correct exam papers and very beneficial when heading for interviews.

They are going to be inundated with applications for correctors now so as another poster said they can be a bit more choosy now.

Best of luck!

Advertisement