Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear DGN 2000. Can't connect to internet. PLEASE HELP!!!

Options
  • 20-10-2009 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

First time poster,

I recently purchased a Netgear DGN 2000 Modem/ Router but I can't get it to connect to the net. ( The main problem probably being that i'm not very tech savvy) I connect all of the cabling and switch it on, the DSL, Wireless, Power and the ethernet port my laptop is connected to all light up but the Internet light does not. The setup says that this internet light should be illuminated and will not work because it cannot access the internet. The router came with an ADSL filter but this will not fit my eircom phone connection so I used the filter that came with my original modem, could this be the problem?

Is this Modem/ Router useless to me??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you enter your username and password?

Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Have you your netgear set up with these settings? (if you are not with Eircom then you need the appropriate user name and password for your isp)

Advertisement